GOP Thanksgiving Plans

The GOP platform is a death cult:

Defying governor’s orders, Clackamas County leader says she’ll celebrate Thanksgiving ‘with as many family and friends as I can find’

In defiance of governor’s orders, one of Clackamas County’s top elected officials plans to host a large dinner in her Molalla area home on Thanksgiving despite the raging COVID-19 pandemic.

Tootie Smith, who will start her term as chairwoman of the Clackamas Board of County Commissioners in January, posted the following to Facebook Saturday: “My family will celebrate Thanksgiving dinner with as many family and friends as I can find. Gov Brown is WRONG to order otherwise.”

If you guessed Tootie is a Republican, you get a prize.

Smith, a Republican, is rebuffing a list of public health restrictions announced by Democratic Gov. Kate Brown Friday, including limiting social gatherings to no more than six people from a maximum of two separate households. The governor said unlike in previous months in the pandemic, she is nowcalling upon police to encourage compliance with her restrictions. That could include by issuing fines of up to $1,250 and jail time if violators don’t comply.

As we get closer, I’m sure we are going to see more examples of the Politics of Wearing Masks expanding to this sort of defiant herd-culling. I honestly don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Reportedly some Republicans are denying that they have caught the Trump-Virus right up to the moment that they are intubated.

This Tweet speaks to us:

This entry was posted in Pandemics, Thanksgiving, Wingnuttia. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to GOP Thanksgiving Plans

1. LOL:

2. Infidel753 says:

Oh, great. Molalla is about twenty miles from where I live. Not that I have much contact with feral Tooties, but the burden is going to fall on the same hospital system that people in Portland depend on.

I think the Republican party symbol should change from the elephant to the lemming, as legions of Trumpanzees eagerly hurl themselves off the covid-19 cliff in the name of Agolf Twitler’s delusions.

(Yes, I know lemmings don’t actually do that. But they’ve become a symbol.)

• Jimmy T says:

Finished my last year of high school in Woodburn. Worked in Molalla at a saw mill for awhile before attending college. The people there seemed like decent and somewhat desperate folks, faced with a dying wood products industry, which was, of course, the fault of the environmentalists. I made good money though, enough to put myself through college. Haven’t been back, but remembering who I worked with way back then, I fully expect them to believe Trump, and completely ignore sound scientific and medical advice. The lemming metaphor is apt.

• Ten Bears says:

Molalla is where my grandson died, just a week shy of three years ago, at the hands of a fat little christian girl whose daddy’s a rich white preacher texting while illegally passing a motorhome, who not only walked away from the crash that killed him and his girlfriend’s mother but any culpability, any responsibility, for their deaths.

I’m reminded of a joke my rogue Mennonite grandfather was fond of telling, of the Quaker’s chance kitchen encounter with a midnight prowler, said “I wouldn’t think of harming thee friend, but thee standith where I am about to shoot.”

There’s a Spanish speaking community radio station in Woodburn, Jimmy, that I had a hand in starting up. Now there’s some good people.

• MDavis says:

Ugh!! Texters are everywhere in this town. Gotta watch for them and home they don’t drift into your lane when there isn’t a shoulder wide enough to escape their headlighty bumpery embrace.

3. Martin Pollard says:

Every year, my wife’s family has a big Thanksgiving dinner at my brother-in-law’s place, with about 15-20 people total in attendance. Not this year. The annual Christmas Eve gathering with the family at my wife’s parents house is probably going to be skipped this year, too, especially since my father-in-law is on immunosuppressants due to a kidney transplant. And why, you ask? Because unlike covidiots like Tootie Smith, we aren’t bone-dead stupid, and we want everyone to stick around so that we can do these celebrations (hopefully) next year and for years to come. This is not hard to understand, people!

• MDavis says:

But it is hard to understand for a certain extremely vocal minority.
      You are blessed (AKA lucky) to actually have family members capable of thinking this through. There seem to be a lot of people. also vocal, who are very upset that they can’t get through to that crazy rage uncle, or that stupid sister, or the invulnerable children who are putting everyone near them at risk and upset that they are the ones being called stupid.
      Because Free-Dumb.

4. MDavis says:

I just followed Alex Baze based on one tweet.
    Thanks.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s