(UPDATED) Prophecy: It Ends With a Whimper, Not a Bang

(H/T Scissorhead Skinny-D)

The WaPo tells us…

As Trump stews over election, he mostly ignores the public duties of the presidency

“On Thursday, six American service members were killed in a helicopter crash during a peacekeeping mission in Egypt. Tropical Storm Eta made landfall in North Florida, contributing to severe flooding. The number of Americans infected with the novel coronavirus continued at a record-setting pace, sending the stock market tumbling.

“At the White House, President Trump spent the day as he has most others this week — sequestered from public view, tweeting grievances, falsehoods and misinformation about the election results and about Fox News’s coverage of him. Neither he nor his aides briefed reporters on the news of the day or reacted to Democratic leaders who accused Republicans of imperiling the pandemic response by ‘refusing to accept reality’ over the election results.”

It’s not like he’s ever really done the job he was hired to do (by Putin).

Still, for anyone with lingering thoughts that an armed coup is in the offering, he seems to be doing everything to ensure that the Military ain’t with him…

…Possum Hollar is drowning in Floriduh, and Granny Clampett ain’t gonna make the possum stew for Thanksgiving this year.

He’s already abdicated, if you want to think about it that way.

UPDATE 1 – NY Magazine:

“This person, who speaks to the president often — or, more accurately, who listens and says uh-huh as the president speaks — said that Trump is not just done for, but done.”

Said the person: “He wants to lose. He’s out of money. He worries about being arrested. He worried about being assassinated. It hasn’t been a great experience for him. He likes showing people around the White House, but the actual day-to-day business of being president? It’s been pretty unpleasant for him.”

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to (UPDATED) Prophecy: It Ends With a Whimper, Not a Bang

1. Sirius Lunacy says:

And, on top of everything else, it is Friday the 13th…
    In 2020!!!

2. Trump’s stupidest lawyer, Mike Cohen, is saying Trump will head to Lago a Merde this Christmas and just never come back.

3. spotthedog says:

I’m still far from considering the psycho harmless, any f-ing thing is possible with him still capable of pulling strings.

• Sirius Lunacy says:

Yes, as unstable as this genus (homo erraticus) is, I am concerned that we may have a bit of ugliness before we’re done with him.

4. sos says:

Maybe he’s stroked out, like Harding. Mel is running the (strip) show!

5. Buttermilk Sky says:

I’d love to know how they finally persuaded him to go all the way to Arlington (late) on November 11. Three scoops? A lap dance from Hope Hicks? An Obama doll and a box of pins?

“At the White House, President Trump spent the day as he has most others this week.
    {Yadda Yadda Yadda]”

This week? THIS WEEK?? At least there’s still golf on the weekends. Idjits.

7. Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

Trumpy said as much way back in summer of 17 about how he ws enjoying it all. He told an interviewer that “I used to love my life, I always had something going on. I thought that when I was president, everyone would love me. But instead everybody hates me.” That’s fairly close to verbatim — it struck me so much at the time it imprinted on my brain. You have to imagine him saying it in that huckstery, exaggerated way he uses in front of one of his crowds, but I bet there was truth in it even then.

8. Ed says:

“..but the actual day-to-day business of being president? It’s been pretty unpleasant for him.”
    Yeah, us too.