The 2020 Goat Rodeo Continues!

The 2020 Goat Rodeo!

[It’s all coming so fast, I’m just going to keep updating this until something gets declared, officially — TG]

Quick state of play:

NYTimes: Handsome Joe Biden just took the lead over Prznint Stupid in Pennsylvania.

And Hair Füror says he will not concede… because REASONS!

UPDATES BELOW:

Our Pals at Electoral-Vote give us the reasons:

The good news for Trump is that the echo chamber is working at peak efficiency. That is to say, the conspiracy theories—sometimes invented by the President, but more commonly just repeated and amplified by him—are running rampant. Here’s a rundown of the main ones:

• Conspiracy Theory: Voters who used Sharpie pens to mark their ballots in Maricopa County will have their ballots thrown out.
  • The Truth: This is based on a video posted by an unknown woman to Twitter, in which she tried to use a ball-point pen for her ballot, and was encouraged by poll workers to switch to Sharpie. The video has now been viewed millions of times. She, and others, interpreted this as an attempt by poll workers to ruin her ballot, since Sharpies are, of course, Donald Trump’s favored writing implement. In truth, Sharpie ballots are less likely to be invalidated or miscounted because the ink is less likely to smear. That is why the use of Sharpies is encouraged by poll workers. (See here for a full debunking.)
  • Conspiracy Theory: In Fairfax County, VA, 100,000 ballots were switched from Donald Trump to Joe Biden.
  • The Truth: There was an error on an elections spreadsheet, quickly caught and corrected, that awarded 100,000 nonexistent votes to Biden. Oh, and Biden is leading in Virginia by more than 400,000 votes anyhow. (See herefor a full debunking.)
  • Conspiracy Theory: A man pulled a wagon containing a box into a vote-counting center in Detroit on Wednesday. Clearly the box was full of fraudulent ballots.
  • The Truth: It was a journalist hauling his camera equipment. Photographs of the wagon and camera case make clear this is the truth. (See here for a full debunking.)
  • Conspiracy Theory: Windows at a vote-counting center in Detroit were covered with cardboard to obscure the nefarious goings-on inside.
  • The Truth: There were pro-Trump protesters outside, many of them taking pictures with cameras and cell phones. The cardboard was put up to prevent information from leaking prematurely. (See here for a full debunking.)
  • Conspiracy Theory: Michigan is accepting ballots cast in the names of people long dead, most obviously a ballot cast by William Bradley, born in 1902.
  • The Truth: Michigan has an automated computer system that matches mail-in ballots with registered voters to prevent multiple votes. Occasionally, if the voter has a somewhat common name, it matches the ballot to the wrong person. (See here for a full debunking.)
  • Conspiracy Theory: The number of votes cast in many swing states, notably Wisconsin, exceeds the population of registered voters in those states.
  • The Truth: This is an outright falsehood. The state has a little over 3.6 million registered voters, and has reported about 3.24 million votes. (See here for a full debunking.)
  • Conspiracy Theory: Wisconsin “discovered” 100,000 overwhelmingly Democratic ballots at 4:00 a.m. on election night; the ballots are clearly fake.
  • The Truth: This comes from the fact that Joe Biden’s vote totals in the state jumped noticeably around that time. That was not due to fraud, however, but instead to Milwaukee County reporting its absentee ballot counts. (See here for a full debunking.)
  • Conspiracy Theory: 9.7 million votes for Donald Trump in the state of California have gone missing.
  • The Truth: Another outright falsehood, with absolutely no evidence supporting it. Note that 4,483,810 Californians voted for Trump in 2016, and the state has already reported 4,194,016 votes for the President, so for the claim to be true, he would need to—at minimum—to increase his support in one of the bluest states in the country by 309%. (See here for a full debunking.)

In short, the President, his family, and his supporters in the media are doing an excellent job of persuading the base that something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

And the Villagers ponder the obvious questions:

Senatorette Lindsey Graham has plans for next term:

Bwah-hah-ha!

More Nevada:

Fox commentary:

Junkie Limbaugh (Not confirmed this is true, but I like the meme):

the long arm of the law?

Sinclair Lewis is proven correct again:

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to The 2020 Goat Rodeo Continues!

1. osirisopto says:

Let him whine, cry, bitch,Maron, pout, threaten, yell, scream and whimper.

It just proves how much of a shitstain on history he really is.

• sos says:

It might be a clever plot … to overwhelm us with (admittedly delicious) schadenfreude.

• ming says:

I know that I am going to enjoy watching every moment of his desperate and humiliating attempts to hang onto office and avoid prosecution. Hope he doesn’t stroke-out so he can see it all crash in on him, his family, and associates. It is going to be pretty crazy between now and January.

Ming – I’m OK if Lord Damp Nut strokes out, as long as it is on film and we can play it on a loop.

2. The irony of Trump complaining about Sharpie pens is too much! And sadly, all of the fact checking is lost on Trump fans. Biden’s most difficult task will be undoing all the brainwashing Trump supporters have been exposed to.

3. This is about as official as it gets: The FAA has declared the air space over Joe Biden’s home a no-fly zone.

Is that the sound of the FAAt lady singing I hear?

[gdr]

4. Redhand says:

My three intertube hangouts, big time, are here, The Rectification of Names, and TPM. Gawd damn, do I love all three communities.

Here’s what Josh Marshall just wrote:

Stick a Fork in’Em. He’s Done.
    By Josh Marshall
    November 6, 2020 9:09 a.m.
    That’s it, folks. Joe Biden of Delaware will be the next President of the United States. Kamala Harris of California will be the next Vice President of the United States. January 20th 2021. The law is coming.

Our map won’t say it until the Associated Press gives the word. It shouldn’t be long. But it’s done.

I want to see him and his hideous family to leave the WH with as much discomfort and angst as humanly possible.

The last thing I’ll say about this is that it will make my own life easier professionally and personally. I’m pretty sure all of you know that I’m an immigration lawyer. And I don’t me one just in the office. I litigate removal proceedings in immigration court for many many clients. The agony we in my small net professional community have gone through as right after right of our clientele have been abused and ignored, turned inside out and destroyed would take a book to write.

Virtually all of that horror has been created by executive order out of the Trump White House. Now, the body of disgraceful precedents and bogus legal opinions destroying the right to asylum should be history. We will still have to deal with Trump immigration judges, but I’m pretty sure they will get the big picture as the management of Executive Office for Immigration Review is changed out wholesale.

If I may let my hair down one little bit (what’s left of it) I will say that representing immigrants during the past four years feels like (though I can’t know for sure obviously, and it’s an exaggeration) representing Jews in Germany after 1933. Thank heavens we are on the cusp of that being over with. At least that’s how I think this will play out.

• roket says:

You should seriously consider writing a book. For posterity.

• Karla says:

Thank you, Redhand, for all the work you’ve done to help these people. I feel helpless and unable to do anything and there you are, on the ground. Bravo to you.
      If there’s ever anything I can do to help your work there, please speak up. If you’re aware of legitimate GoFundMe accounts to help pay expenses, please post.
      Thank you.

• MDavis says:

Write the book. As a lawyer, I am pretty sure you have kept notes.
      Write the book. The stories are important, even though I realize your clients take priority.
      Write the book. I hear there is a ghost writer that needs to make amends for aiding Trump.
      Write the book, please.

5. spotthedog says:

I ain’t relaxing until its official, but I am smiling bigly. I would be happy for him to not concede, imagining the visual of him being hauled kicking and screaming out of the (formerly) Whitey House, orange turning to red; he would get the best ratings of his life!

6. Wesley Sandel says:

If any Trumpers challenge the election based upon any of those theories, my response will be, “Well, yes, of course they’re all true. After being lied to and stolen from by Donald for four years we felt it was only right to treat him and his followers the same way. And F U if you don’t like it.”

7. Gritty is trending hugely on twitter right now, and I found this:

8. Sirius Lunacy says:

I expect the pleas for donations to the grifter’s “legal funds” will be starting soon. LDN will always find an angle.

9. Pingback: ByeDon – Roosterville

10. I gotta suggestion for Ms Lindsey: repeal the tax scam you fucks passed; that’ll help a lot!

11. beckymaenot says:

Senator Vapors can fuck off entirely. I don’t want to hear ANY of these GOP conspirators and their ideas on the national debt that THEY allowed to be amassed under TRE45ON. If they are that concerned, then they can forego their pay and benefits while also donating their own personal wealth to lower the debt. Additionally- I would be all for confiscating anything the prosecutors can find from TRE45ON and donating it to lowering the national debt. I do not want to hear a single fucking thing from these traitorous assholes about how social programs and our social safety net need to be cut so that the debt can be addressed. I only want to hear about erasing tax cuts for corporations and the rich.

• spotthedog says:

What she said! So predictable, even a schmuck like me knew “DEBT!!!” would be what they would start crying about immediately, at least it shows they have conceded the presidency even if orangeblob has not.

• RWhite says:

Since fat nixon is now a loser and no longer a useful tool for Putin and the russopublican cult, when will we see the incriminating video of DC’s worst kept secret?

12. Dennis Cole says:

Biden, on the phone this AM, talking to Obama:
    Obama: So, he called you?
    Joe: No, I called him.
    Obama: Really? And did he concede? Was he polite?
    Joe: Not at all, so I told him, “The only way you’re getting to 270 is if you lose 100 lbs!”

[sillence]

13. spotthedog says:

Sooooo glad Limpballs lived to see it, that loathsome gasbag can go ahead and deflate now.

I feel confident that LDN will be able to find a lawyer to represent him in all of the above, and counting, lawsuits. Barnacles also go down with the ship.

15. Sirius Lunacy says:

With all precincts in Trump has just won the state of Denial.

16. I found the real reason the election hasn’t been officially called:

17. Sirius Lunacy says:

@kayleighmcenany
    GOD IS IN CONTROL‼️ 🙏🏻
    And He’s kicking the demon out!!

18. Pingback: T-Rump: 'All he’s got now is breaking stuff...' | Compatible Creatures: War, Politics, and Life