PSA: Mis-/Dis- Information

Just a reminder as we are in the final couple of days of voting: everyone is subject to and target of misinformation. It’s likely that you, the well-meaning Doom Scroller, will see questionable videos, claims, and dispatches before the fact checkers and other experts can figure out what is true and what is false, and the video’s actual context.

I urge all Scissorheads, starting today, do not share crap on Social Media. Don’t become part of the mis-/dis- information problem as rumors swirl and theories spread.  Chaos agents are out in force. Don’t become a useful stooge for them.

UPDATE 1: Axios

“Twitter provided more details about its policies around tweets that declare election results, and named the seven outlets it will lean on to help it determine whether a race is officially called.

The list includes ABC News, AP, CNN, CBS News, Decision Desk HQ, Fox News and NBC News — all outlets that experts agree have verified, unbiased decision desks calling elections.

And you probably noticed: No word from Facebook. Takes a long time to get instructions from the main office in Moscow.

[Keeping this on top as it is important. I’m trying to avoid polling news (which is pretty much all the usual sources are doing today), so posting is probably going to be light.

Fresher posts —if any— will be below. — The Management]

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to PSA: Mis-/Dis- Information

1. MDavis says:

LDN seems to be calling the results already.
    He’s calling himself the winner, of course, at his stupid spreader rallyes – and declaring that his lawyers will step in immediately after the polls close, so apparently also calling himself the loser.
    (I don’t know if the link will work, oh, well – https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-that-as-soon-as-election-day-ends-we-re-going-in-with-our-lawyers/ar-BB1aC3Vf?ocid=msedgntp)

2. Weird Dave says:

In completely off topic news, did you hear about the whale tail sculpture that caught the runaway train?

3. spotthedog says:

“Chaos agents are out in force. Don’t become a useful stooge for them.”; good advice TG, I endeavor to remain a useless stooge for no one in particular.

And – getting a jump start on my election-eve intoxicants, in case you can’t tell.

4. Milord Cutter says:

THAT’S MY MEME! I posted that on Faceberg® weeks ago.

5. beckymaenot says:

We, Mr and Mrs Becks- in deep red GA- (but residing in a blue voting county) are ignoring all news/election info/predictions- until such time as we can no longer ignore them. Between now and then, we will likely be blotto, schnockered, intoxicated, smashed, hammered, wasted, inebriated, under the influence, loaded, shiffahced, plastered, bombed, tanked, sloshed, juiced, smashed, tight, pissed, blitzed, sauced, polluted, stewed and pickled. Commenting will be limited or prolific- not sure yet- could go either way… Regardless- I doubt I will be making much sense.

Carry on fellow Scissorheads- I say this next bit honestly, with a heart full of gratitude- I could NOT have made it through the current Reign of TRE45SON without you. You all have made this America a brighter place. I am in your debt.

6. Redhand says:

For some reason, I lost my interest in alcoholic libations years ago, though I’ll have a snort on rare occasions. But this isn’t one of them. I’m on a strict diet (and that’s OK!) and I want to see LDN go down with a clear head. But I am with all you drinkers in spirit(s). Let’s hope that we have something to celebrate this evening, as the Orange asshole enters the Untergang phase of his prez-a-natzi, surrounded by a wall and hiding in his Fuhrerbunker.