Great Signs, Cont.

H/T @NamelessCynic of the tweeterverses

Can’t I be a drunk hunk?

This entry was posted in Great Signs. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Great Signs, Cont.

1. spotthedog says:

How about a drunk hunk eating chunky monkey ice cream?

Not to change the subject, but the limited view of those 2 late-50’s Caddies got my attention!

2. Ironically since I’ve pretty much always been a monk, so I’m probably going to to end up a drunk chunk. (“Whatchoo mean going to, Willis?”)

And seeing how close they came to that concrete post with the red caddy made my insides hurt a little…That’s some pilotage with a 1959 Detroit steering system.

( I remember long,. long ago driving a friend’s ’67 Mustang on the highway late at night on a road trip…I could move the steering wheel from..I swear…10 to 2 without it affecting the direction for the car in the slightest.)

• Astamari says:

You have the best comments and, yes, cars from that era had alarming steerage.

I drove a friend’s vintage Corvair for a length of a road trip, and sweated buckets for the entire trip. “Unsafe at any speed” keep repeating in my brain.

In my glorious youth, the car we learned to drive in was an early ’60s Cutlass that had belonged to my grandparents. It was heavy, sold steel, chrome everything, and it sounded like an outboard motorboat when idling. Driving was like being on Ambien, nothing was going to break through the cloud, but you did get a full upper-body workout doing a 3-point turnabout.

• MDavis says:

I never got that upper body workout until hubby bought a ’50s Ford pick up truck, 56 I think, which already had steering by armstrong. but then he got wide tires to put on that thing. There were times I wrapped my elbows around the crosspiece to get that thing parallel parked.

• MDavis says:

Steering box too loose. Probably.

3. sos says:

Friar Tuck approves this message!