(UPDATED) Ratings War Tonight!

Our Failed Political Press

Exciting News From the Whitey House!

Tonight, the evening originally planned for the now-canceled shitshow er, presidential debate, NBC News plans to put Hair Füror before viewers in a town hall event at the same time as Handsome Joe Biden’s town hall on ABC — creating competing town halls ratings war and drawing intense backlash and accusations it was “bad for democracy.”

If we’ve learned anything from 2020, it’s that pointing a camera at a Mango-hued Shitgibbon for 90 minutes is maybe the most damaging thing anyone can do to his campaign.

UPDATE – thanks for the reminder, Scissorhead SOS:

If you want to kick Lord Damp’s Nuts, tune into NBC at the top of the hour and then switch channels to ABC. The networks do see the drop-off rate (in near real time – remember NBC is owned by Comcast and those set-top boxes tell them everything) and it will add just the right amount of steel-toe to your kick. NBC needs to be reminded that The Apprentice was cancelled for a reason.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Our Failed Political Press. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to (UPDATED) Ratings War Tonight!

1. Steve-O says:

NBC must love reruns as we all know there will be nothing new and all the “greatest” hits during Tiny-Hands Two-Scoops town hall.
    My curiosity centers around whether or not he’ll let anyone else speak.
    Still not watching it, though.

2. skinnydennis says:

Loved it last night when Maddow asked Harris what she thought of NBC giving free air to Trump. The tongue biting was telling.

3. donnah says:

NBC started this deal with the devil when it launched The Apprentice. In no way should NBC give this orange fuck free any air time when he was too cowardly to do an legit town hall with Joe Biden, and air it at the same time of Biden’s town hall. Insiders at the WH are bragging that Trump is going to blow out the ratings for the event. I hope everyone tunes in to the the Biden event and sends Trump into a hissy fit.

4. Sirius Lunacy says:

And then Sir Superspreader will be coming to my neighborhood tomorrow to do more superspreading. Yay.

5. osirisopto says:

90 minutes? A week after COVID? By a 74-year-old fat man?
    Maybe he’ll croak on stage.

• Ten Bears says:

Am reminded of a story my rogue Mennonite grandfather was fond of telling, about the Quaker who upon encountering a burglar in the midnight kitchen said “I wouldn’t think of harming thee, friend, but ye standth where I am about to shoot!”

I wouldn’t wish harm on anyone, but if 74 year old fat man wants to sing for ninety minutes a week after covid, well… there’s only one cure for stupid. It’s a law.

A natural law.

• beckymaenot says:

Maybe TRE45ON will get one of those awards- you know- a DARWIN AWARD. Consider this my nomination for him.

• Sadly, a Darwin Award, like the Noble Prize is entirly out of Donny Littlehands’ feeble grasp; as it is awarded to those who remove their genes from the pool before reproducing by spectacular and fatal dumbassery.

Sadly the gene pool is already polluted with a number of little Littlehands’

6. I am gonna go caveman primal tonight and sit out back near the fire pit with a campfire. Stay close enough to keep the cold at bay, maybe roast a hotdog or two. I’ve already voted. Time to throw a few twigs in.

• osirisopto says:

I dropped our ballots in the drop box at city hall Tuesday.

It’s all a spectator sport for me now and I hate sports. I’m an art guy and plan to think creatively about how great life will be once the MHSG finally STFU.

7. glitterbug says:

CBS is running a live (allegedly) Big Brother. One of my guilty pleasures, watched every season and this is the most boring one yet. Other TV box is on ABC. Just switched it.

8. paul fredine says:

i watched biden but dvr’ed the other figuring i’d be fair and watch later, but catching some of the hi/low(?)-lites on the morning news i figured ‘why bother’, because ‘it is what it is’.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s