Crime Wave!

An electric fence surrounds a campaign sign for President Trump in New Bedford, Mass. Photo: John Oliveira via AP (Axios)

¡Someone alert Peggington Noonington!

Axios’ afternoon email thingie tells us that campaign lawn signs are being stolen all over Possum Hollar!

“Sign-stealing ramps up every four years ahead of presidential elections. This time around, many more people have home cameras,” The Wall Street Journal’s Madeleine Ngo reports.

• “Brian Moore, an Army veteran living in Shelby, Ohio, said his 6-foot by 10-foot Trump sign was stolen by a group of teenagers. He reported it to the police and posted a video of the incident online. One of the fathers recognized his son and made him return the sign.”

And in case you are wondering if Possum Hollar was always the victim:

• “Martin Lubell, a 57-year-old genetic scientist in Wooster, Ohio, said eight of his Biden yard signs have been nabbed. … They scrolled through their Nest camera footage, found the clip and later reported it to the police, though the video was too grainy to identify suspects.”
This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Crime Wave!

1. Dennis Cole says:

I saw a good one on FB, and I shoulda shared it.

[Handmade cardboard sign on my neighbor’s front lawn:] “To whoever keeps stealing my Biden/Harris signs, be aware that every time it happens, I donate another $50 to their campaign. Keep it up, I’ve got plenty of money…”

2. Karla says:

My Biden-Harris sign was stolen. No one has stolen any Trump signs in my neighborhood.
    While waiting for a replacement sign, I hung a 5′ x 3′ Biden flag on the front of my house.

3. Ten Bears says:

Like that “fence” would stop anyone other than a Republican.

Rolling on the floor laughing my rosy red ass off.

4. donnah says:

I don’t care about Trump signs in my neighborhood. They serve as identifiers of who the assholes are and tell me who I can avoid.

• beckymaenot says:

Same here d- I’m in Georgia and I view the yard signs and bumper stickers as warning labels- do not go near- likely covid spreader etc.

5. bluzdude says:

My father, who lives on the Redneck Riviera, has to take his Biden sign in every night, or it will suffer the same fate. He also has a Biden/Harris banner attached to his garage door with magnets., for the same reason. He learned after the 2016 election that resistance to the norm on the Florida panhandle is penalized.

My brother and I are trying to talk him into electrifying the door somehow, because Ring video of the thieves pissing themselves would be sure to go viral.

6. Carol Decker says:

When my Biden sign was stolen the cop said to always put an identifying mark on the sign, I wrote, “You can steal my sign but not my vote” then put my ‘I voted today’ sticker on it. They took it anyway, now I have a banner hanging in window.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s