Report: Bribing Voters Harder Than Prznint Stupid Thought

Stable Jenius

Politico:

Caught by surprise by President Donald Trump’s promise to deliver drug-discount cards to seniors, health officials are scrambling to get the nearly $8 billion plan done by Election Day, according to five officials and draft documents obtained by POLITICO.

The taxpayer-funded plan, which was only announced two weeks ago and is being justified inside the White House and the health department as a test of the Medicare program, is being driven by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Administrator Seema Verma and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, the officials said. The administration is seeking to finalize the plan as soon as Friday and send letters to 39 million Medicare beneficiaries next week, informing seniors of Trump’s new effort to lower their drug costs, although many seniors would not receive the actual cards until after the election.

See, Señors, he’s one of you, and you are his favorite people. Have $200. Vote!

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Report: Bribing Voters Harder Than Prznint Stupid Thought

1. HarpoSnarx says:

Okay THAT shot of LDN should be the Mount Rushmore model.

2. MDavis says:

Wouldn’t it be more effective to just get rid of Shrub’s “no pharmacy price controls” Medicare plan?

3. Kiwiwriter says:

24 days to do it. Good luck with that, Fat Boy.

4. w3ski4me says:

What he is doing is stealing from the Medicare Trust Fund, to make himself look good to seniors. Please look at how he plans to pay for this affair.
    Facts matter.
    w3ski

• MDavis says:

The “taxpayer funded” is a clue, innit.
      “Here, rubes, I’m giving you this money to vote for me! Reach into your left pocket, pull out that money and put it into your right pocket. There you go! Aren’t I great? Everybody says so!”

5. Bruce388 says:

This would have been great for 215,000 Americans. Too bad they’re DEAD.

6. Dimitrios says:

So Lord Damp Nut is taking funds earmarked for existing conditions to give it back to the recipients in the form of payment for experimental antivirals which are still far from passing human safety testing

“Who cares! Grandpa was such an avid fisherman that he would have loved having scales on his arms and scrotum since it would save his life from Coronavirus if he hadn’t died because he couldn’t afford those last two months of insulin”.

7. Dennis Cole says:

I wonder who’s smiling face will grace the face of those discount cards?

(No I don’t; j/k.)

8. revzafod says:

Wow, $200?! That’ll pay for 2 months of my co-pay on one of my drugs. So I’m supposed to give him four more years to destroy the country for a one-time payment of about a dollar per each of those 208 weeks? I think I can get a better deal from the other side.