Honest to blog, Lord Damp Nut’s 2020 Goat Rodeo Campaign is a ship of tools:
Something wild and unexpected unfolded in the second half of President Trump’s term, and now is accelerating: Elderly Americans, who helped elect him, have swung sharply against him.
Why it matters: National and state polls show a total Trump collapse among Americans 65 and older. If this chasm remains, it could help bring the whole Republican power structure down with Trump.
But how could this happen?
Republicans believe the big reason for the current chasm is the coronavirus, which has hit seniors far harder than any age group. A former senior White House official who remains close to the team told Axios:
- “[A] few of us screamed from the rooftops to them about in March. Who [cares] what anyone else thinks? If you can’t win seniors, you can’t win.”
- “And, if you don’t take something that is killing old people seriously, you will lose seniors.”
So his callous disregard for seniors dropping like flies onto a common Pence.
- 💡The main pre-pandemic reasons were health care and his strength with women, Axios’ Alexi McCammond and Margaret Talev wrote in May.
He was losing them before the Trump-Virus! So who’s left standing with Pol POTUS?
The bottom line: Younger, white men alone do not a victory make. So the 65+ trend represents a clear and present danger to the vitality and viability of the GOP.
- Trump has undermined himself with old people, women and minorities.
- National Journal’s Josh Kraushaar tweeted yesterday: “That’s going to be the story of this election: Pivotal Trump voting bloc in 2016 becoming part of the Biden base.”
Or maybe it is Cult 45’s senior members of Possum Hollar who have already gone to Q-hala and the smart seniors are still alive and standing with handsome Joe Biden.
So… this video is probably not unrelated when he heard that seniors were shunning him like the Trump-Virus:
I dunno if that is gonna convince anyone of anything. Too little, too late.