Happy Birthday, President Carter

(CNN)Jimmy Carter, the son of a Georgia peanut farmer who’d go on to be America’s 39th president, turns 96 today. He’s the oldest living former US president — and he’s outlived every other occupant of the Oval Office.

At 96, the Nobel Peace Prize winner remains the longest-living president in US history, surpassing George H. W. Bush, who died in 2018 at 94.

Have a second slice of cake, Mr. President, and a scoop of ice cream.

This entry was posted in Happy Birthday. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Happy Birthday, President Carter

1. beckymaenot says:

He is such an inspiration.

2. Sometimes the good don’t die young!

3. ming says:

I met Jimmy Carter back in the 90s when he and his family would vacation at Crested Butte. I was working at the ski shop and tuned up his skis. He brought us some beer as a tip. Jimmy Carter is just an an awesome person in my book – humble, down to earth, unfailing nice, to everyone, and funny. He also raised a lot of money for good causes in our community. Happy Birthday Mr. Carter. I wish you many more. And we miss your shtick as Carnac the Magnificent.

4. Markham Warburton says:

In Canada we always felt that Carter was very underrated by the American people as we viewed him to be very open and friendly with your Northern neighbours. When he attended Pierre Trudea’s funeral and sat beside Fidel Castro, well we were awestruck with respect and admiration.

5. ali redford says:

I’m so glad he’s still with us. Happy birthday, Sir!

6. donnah says:

I voted for him back in the day, that’s how old I am. Even though he had some rough times, he never gave up and he’s been amazing ever since. My son worked with Habitat for Humanity for six years and was thrilled when the team got to visit Plains, but Mr Carter was out of town! Really disappointed about that one.

Happy Birthday, Mr President!

7. Agree with all the above affectionate comments. Jimmy Carter is a true mensch. I voted for him, too, with great pleasure after the Nixon-Cambodia-Watergate ordeal. Although Jimmy’s more of an intellectual, in some ways I feel resonance between him and Biden. No one has ever doubted Pres. Carter’s deep humanity. Happy Birthday, Jimmy!

8. HarpoSnarx says:

My first presidential choice. Happy Birthday Mister President. Stay safe. Also well wishes to the lovely Rosalyn.
    39 was Whore Media’s first takedown target but like a true Navy man he never wavered or disgraced himself or his country. He told a truth-averse nation some unpleasant truths and got trashed.