Sarah Cooper Gives Us Our Pre-Debate Warm-up

This entry was posted in 2-drink minimum, 2020 Goat Rodeo. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Sarah Cooper Gives Us Our Pre-Debate Warm-up

1. Dennis Cole says:

Who ya gonna believe? Me, or your own 2 lying eyes?

2. MDavis says:

Thanks for this. I laughed so hard I snorted.

3. Dennis Cole says:

It may be difficult for some of you to watch. And BTW, I slept almost all day; I was up most of the night hosing down my roof, as it was snowing ash & soot, and raining embers. No damage here, or in the neighborhood, but that’s how these fires spread, and we were only on “Be ready to evac at a moment’s notice.”

The wind has shifted, and is now blowing the fire away from me, but entire TOWNS in the Napa Valley are being evacuated, many famous & historic wineries and Inns have been destroyed, right during the peak of the “Crush,” and there’s little chance of containment in the next 48 hrs or so.

• Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

That’s so frightening, Dennis. I hope that there’s enough humanitarian fellow feeling amongst the people in your area so that you all can help each other out.

• Dennis Cole says:

Mary Ellen – ALL my neighbors were out, wielding hoses, spraying down the fences and roofs. The authorities didn’t give the evac order because the fire was spreading so quickly and erratically they had no idea where it was going. It wasn’t like walls of flame, and there was plenty of water pressure, but most of the roofs – including mine – are tar & gravel, and you could see those hot embers trying to gain a toehold. But with so many folks up on their roofs, spraying down hotspots as soon as they showed, and advising close neighbors of any they might have missed, the fire moved past us by several blocks.

By the time 1st responders got there, and asked if we were all right, and needed help to evacuate, we convinced them we had it under control, and pointed them to and area we could see WAS ablaze, just a short piece down the road. I didn’t even think to take pics during the excitement, but I’ll take a few of the residue and detritus – the ash that rained down, etc.

Pics posted on the local newsrag can be seen here:

• ming says:

Got my fingers crossed for you. Stay safe.

4. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Chris Wallace did a piss-poor job.

5. donnah says:

Dennis, be safe! That’s incredibly scary.

Speaking of scary, I watched the debacle, I mean debate, last night. It was a nightmare and Trump was out of control. Chris Wallace was completely cowed, Trump could not keep his yap shut, and I was shivering with anxiety. Trump was like an abusive spouse, ranting and raving. Biden was remarkable: calm, quiet but forceful, and he spoke to the audience whenever he could get a word in edgewise.

I won’t watch another one. It was pure carnage. If they held the next debate in my front yard, I wouldn’t. open my front door.

6. Dennis Cole says:

Why doesn’t the moderator have a mic-control switch? So that every time tRump butts in, shut his mic off, and let Biden finish. After all, the rules DID stat that each opponent would have 2 minutes, uninterrupted, to respond, before they went full Donnybrook, and mighty Chris Wallace DID say that both parties agreed to the rules.

Except we all know how much Hair Furor respects and obeys The Rules.