Guys, a quick round-up of some Facebook malfeasance, you know, just because it is terrible and should be broken up:
- Ars Technica A former Facebook manager said the company “took a page from Big Tobacco’s playbook.”
- Chicago Sun-Times: Facebook agreed to pay out $650 million to settle a class-action lawsuit that accused the company of violating an Illinois privacy law.
- CNN: Facebook is letting political advertisers tell lies, contrary to its own policies.
- Mother Jones: Facebook Groups Sent Armed Vigilantes to Kenosha.
- NBC: A group of Facebook critics are tired of waiting for its official oversight board to launch, so they’re starting their own.
- NPR: Civil Rights Groups Say If Facebook Won’t Act On Election Misinformation, They Will
- The Verge: Facebook says it ‘mistakenly’ suspended hundreds of activists’ accounts
These are not the actions of a good corporate citizen
(Hat tip: Scisssorhead Roket)