CNN Fails Us Again

Breaking CNN!

There are so many reasons to hate Jeff Zucker’s commitment to make the entire CNN channel a reboot of the Jerry Springer Show, but this morning’s example is stark:

CNN legal analyst Jeffery Toobin called Democrats “wimps” and questioned if they “have the guts to do anything” about the vacant seat on the Supreme Court.
“Democrats are great about talking big, but we’ll see if he has the — if he and the other Democrats have the guts to do anything. If they retake control of the Senate, will they really add the two seats on the Supreme Court?” Toobin asked on CNN’s New Day Monday morning.
CNN anchor Alisyn Camerota questioned why Democrats wouldn’t add two seats if they take control of the Senate.
“Because they’re weak and they’re wimps and they’re afraid,” Toobin replied. “We think about Bush v. Gore and, which David [Boies] argued. In 2016, Al Gore said no street protests. This is just a legal process, while David saw in Tallahassee and Washington the Republican forces massing against them, literally on the streets. There is a difference to how Democrats and Republicans go about these fights, and we’ll see if Democrats learn anything from Republicans here. Yes, it’s interesting that Chuck Schumer said nothing is off the table, but that’s not a commitment to do anything.”

Any show on CNN that has a panel is toxic and will make you dumber. And once again I submit into evidence Zucker’s master plan:

CNN Drama, explained

This entry was posted in CNN, Our Failed Political Press. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to CNN Fails Us Again

1. miroker says:

This is the one I wanted to post this to.
    The guy has a point, the Democrats are so afraid to confront TrumPutin and the republican’ts that they will cower in the corner rather than grow a spine and stand up for the USA.

Miroker –

A valid point.

That said, this is another instance where amply be-chinned Mitch McConnell really has all of the cards. As much as I would love the Dims to do something bold, there is not a scenario that concludes with anything other than a win for the GOP. Delay, delay, delay is good, but it is not a victory. I’m already cooling my jets. Sadly, we don’t have the will to rat-eff them back, and that’s a goddamn shame.

So… that said, it’s what happens AFTER the election and only if the Ds control both Houses and the Presidency where the battle starts. Will the Dems “rebalance” the court? I don’t know, I hope they surprise me.

2. bq says:

How is Toobin wrong? Look at Schumer’s tweets. Boy, is he indignant! Dems, generally, have been bringing a knife to the gun fight forever, and this is no different.

It is NOT about Toobin being wrong, it is about this commentary being on a news program.

• bq says:

News?!? C’mon, TG. That ship has sailed. And, regrettably, the shoe fits.
        By the way, I’ve been reading you for years (my brother lives in Seattle). Never really thought to comment, but I’m fucking sick of Dems never being able to stand up to and match the tactics of the worst person in government, Mitch McC.
        In a twisted way – very, very twisted – it can relate to Trump boot lickers being so goddamn happy that they have a guy (piece of shit) who just says fuck it, I’m gonna stomp the ‘others’ (Dems included) and wield power over them, civility be damned. I admit, there is a part of me that wants a Dem to stride up to Mitch and rip off his droopy fucking chin (literally and figuratively). Schumer ain’t that guy. Maybe AOC will be one day.
        Admittedly, options are limited, as you said. Delay, delay maybe. Or they could impeach Barr, Trump…fire DeJoy…fucking something for god’s sake.
        Sorry. Can you tell I need a drink?

bq –

Sit next to me. I’m buying the first round.

If you go back a few posts you’ll see that I said the same thing as you on Saturday, and then some.