Nadler Speaks

Nadler is on the left.

Rep. Jerry Nadler:

Now, let’s hope he read the part about impeaching Kavanaugh.

This entry was posted in RBG, supreme court. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Nadler Speaks

1. Dennis Cole says:

Impeachmint is as handy as a dandy flavor of ice cream, but if it’s not followed by the Removal Process, (as we’ve seen earlier,) then it’s just meaningless.

Even though it goes on your “Permanent Record.” And has anyone here ever seen their permanent record? You know, the one they began while you were in grade school, the one they warned you about, and threatened you with, which followed you into high school, and then college or university, and now resides with the FBI?

(Maybe that’s why we don’t get to see it so easily – you have to file a FOIA request.)

• I did see my permanent record once. It was kept in a time locked vault, and that was before I had achieved my current level of notoriety. Haven’t seen it since.

Dennis –

You missed the point. You’re too good a person to think like a Republican rat-eff’er:

The impeachment process is privileged. The Senate has to drop whatever they are doing to attend to it, including advice and consent on appointments; they would have to show up, sit down and listen for however long the process takes. Remember that ridiculous picture of Willard ordering milk from the Page?

It would buy time or maybe even run out the clock.

• Dennis Cole says:

TG – but impeachment begins in the House, and if it passes, THEN the Senate has to gather, to decide whether or not to unseat him. And I’ve done *plenty of rat-fuckery in my time, as a form of revenge or retaliation, but only to those who clearly deserved it. And no – I was never caught, although I came under suspicion a time or two.

DC –

Who runs the House? Currently?

We already discussed the actual removal not being the full game.

2. osirisopto says:

What do you mean “If”?

Violation of public trust? Where the fuck have you been for the past twenty years?

3. sos says:

ordering milk from the Page

That’s what the kids are calling it now? huh

4. Rollin M says:

Since the Dems have tipped their hand, what’s to prevent the R’s from expanding the court to 13 now, replacing RBG and 4 more Right-wing NJs? 9-4. They have the votes… and the cajones.

• Dennis Cole says:

Rollin – because it would require a bill establishing or rearranging that, and it would never pass the House. Of course, Hair Füror could issue an Executive Order, stating that his “Emergency Powers” enable him to do just that, and the Senate would approve his nominations instantly if not sooner, and AG Barr would totally back his play, and they’d just go ahead and do it, no matter how many lawsuits get filed.

Seems to be their MO, and I put nothing past this bunch.

Rollin –

The Court is determined by Federal law, and so a new Federal Law would have to supercede the Judicial Act. So, both houses of Congress and the President would have to sign off on it.

It’s a stalemate right now, and that’s why the Republicans don’t do it.

And from just a marketing perspective, I think “rebalancing the court” will be the phrase, though one could argue that what McConnell is doing right now is packing the entire judiciary.

5. ming says:

I don’t see anything that is going to stop Turtle Boy from bringing this to a vote and confirming RBG’s replacement. And please, don’t even get me started about Susan fucking Collins. I’m beyond stabby so I’m checking out for the next week or two. I just need to figure out how to focus the boiling anger. Obama and the Dims should have gone to the mat on Merrick Garland. I said it then, there’s no no line that they wont cross unless they the fear the backlash.

• Dennis Cole says:

Ming – backlash, you say? What backlash? I haven’t seen more than a smidgeon of reprisal from the Dims, or the Press, or the rest of the Media. These guys just do whatever the fuck they want, any time they want, because they’ve noticed there’s no backlash, or anyone even attempting to thwart them and their efforts.

6. spotthedog says:

Trump/GOP urgent rush to shove in a new Supreme = admission that Trump will lose (otherwise what’s the hurry when there are [ahem] more pressing matters that should be addressed?) + admission that they place no priority on dealing with the pandemic and providing public rescue money.