Our Failed Political Press Scoops 200,000 Dead Too Late…

Experts prove…

The WaPo reports…

In a recorded call, President Trump called Bob Woodward on February 7 and revealed that he thought the coronavirus pandemic was far more dire than what he had been saying publicly, Said Trump: “You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed. And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu. This is deadly stuff.”

At that time, Trump was telling the nation that the virus was no worse than a seasonal flu, predicting it would soon disappear, and insisting that the U.S. government had it totally under control. It would be several weeks before he would publicly acknowledge that the virus was no ordinary flu and that it could be transmitted through the air.

There’s so much wrong here, and not all of it is Hair Füror’s stupidity. Why did Woodward sit on this for 7 months? To sell a book when maybe he could have saved some lives?

I’m disgusted with everything right now.

This entry was posted in Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, Our Failed Political Press, Pandemics. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Our Failed Political Press Scoops 200,000 Dead Too Late…

1. osirisopto says:

You mean Bob Woodward isn’t a Super Hero out to right wrongs for Truth, Justice and The American Way® ?

2. jaf48 says:

I’m bothered by your accepting Bob Woodward verbatim. The conversation contradicts most leaked and public statements by LDN. For Woodward, I reverse it; verify, then trust.

So the tournament begins to discover whose book brings down the preznint, or what? This is good news for the NYT’s best sellers list.

4. Bruce388 says:

Sure, people died, but Woodward had a book to sell.

5. beckymaenot says:

I get why you are pissed- but be real. Republicans in the Senate had the chance to put Trump out while still keeping Power through Pence- and instead they kept Trump.

You can be pissed at Woodward all day long- but what would our failed government have done about it if Woodward had shared the info earlier? Not a single fucking thing. This is not the first time DJT is on tape lying. It won’t be the last. The president and his administration commit crimes right out in the open and nothing is done about it. How would Woodward have helped?

I’m sickened and disgusted too- but I’ve known all along (as have you) that this is what Trump was doing. This is no bomb dropping. The only surprising thing here is that he admitted it to BW on tape. What a stupid fucker.

Sure- it’s proof- but how will it help? It won’t. I wouldn’t have helped earlier either. That asshole owns the government right now, all 3 branches- and if we don’t stand up and vote all of the fuckers out- it’s us to blame- not Woodward.

• ming says:

Yup. We have all known in real time that Trump is lying about Covid-19 and that his enabler in Congress and the DOJ are protecting him, so it is hard to work up much outrage for Bob Woodward.

And yes, vote these fuckers out and be prepared for the shitstorm to follow. The groundwork is already being laid to de-legitimize the election. It is going to get uglier.

• sos says:

I get that Becky, I really do. But ion a honest-to-dog existential crisis of constitutional proportions you do not sit on this. It might(?) be the proverbial straw, doubtful, I agree. But damn, you gotta try

• beckymaenot says:

Yeah- SOS- I agree- you gotta try- and I haven’t given up. If I had those tapes back in March I would have released them.

I think I am just so tired of how EVERY SINGLE person or government institution meant to keep this shit from happening has let us down. I really just don’t want to lose sight of the fact that it is TRUMP and the Trump administration that is to blame for the corona virus deaths, not the jackass who wants to sell books.

• dixiechiken says:

THIS. ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

Yeah, yeah, yeah… Bob Woodward should’ve told, blahblahblah. Wouldn’t have mattered and wouldn’t have made one bit of difference. Frankly, I think the drip, drip, dripping of damning info about Republicans in general and Trump, in particular, this close to the election is good. As far as I’m concerned, they can keep it coming. Keep Ol’ Dumbass on the defensive.

And the bottom line is Trump is president, Bob Woodward is not. Keep the blame where it belongs: WITH TRUMP AND WITH EVERY REPUBLICAN WHO’S ENABLED HIM.

6. tengrain says:

Look, if there was a journalism equivalent of the Bar Association, I would say Woodward should be disbarred. This is a travesty. And remember, he had a habit of doing this kind of thing with Chimpy, too.

7. Lsamsa says:

My first thought after hearing this…why the hell didn’t Woodward release these tapes much earlier??!!
    This is a bloody pandemic…I mean WTAF?!
    Bob, did you forget why you have the stature you have today and the influence?
    Sure the ‘need for power at any cost repubs’ would do nothing…but there would be a hell of a lot to answer for over & over…and perhaps time for the House to do something.
    The biggest thing…the American people would know and those that might be fooled/persuaded would at least be able to know better.

8. Infidel753 says:

Hard to see any other explanation. If Woodward starts going on the media circuit to promote his book, I hope they ask him that questions, forcefully and often.

9. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Silence is complicity.

10. Weird Dave says:

Posted for your amusement and edification:

Something I use to troll the trolls (does that make me a meta-troll?) on right wing sites (especially the ‘it’s only 6% of what they claim’ crowd):
    The CDC page on the count of excess deaths in America https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm