Claim Chowder

Goin’ to Sturgis!

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Is Now Linked to More Than 250,000 Coronavirus Cases

One study estimates the public health cost of the super-spreading event is near $12 billion.

Well-played, South Dakota.

The study comes on the heels of the first reported death from the event, a Minnesota man in his 60’s who attended the rally who died last week. South Dakota now has one of the country’s highest rates of coronavirus cases.

Don’t mean to be mordbid, but as our long-time friend MonkeyFister said on Twitter,

This entry was posted in Distancing, Flush The Toilet Properly, masks, Pandemics, Shelter-in-Place, Wash Yo Hands Fools. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Claim Chowder

1. Oneofthebobs says:

I really don’t want a motorcycle. Let me know when there’s an RV rally.

2. buckobear says:

Naturally, Gubner Kristi Gnoem (the Prairie Palin) dismissed the study as fake.
    This is what one-party government gets ya.

3. Dennis Cole says:

Fuck all that, with the bikes for sale, cheap; I wouldn’t own a Hardley-Dangerous if you GAVE me one.
    On the other hand, if you gotta Ducati….or a Royal Enfield, or a Beezer, or a Beemer, a
    Snortin Norton, or a Triumph….

I went from a Honda Superhawk 350 to a Triumph 650, to a Norton 850, and then I settled down. Fucking Norton spent more time in the shop than it did on the road. But it WAS the right color: Lemon Yellow!

• Perturbation says:

Only reason to buy a Harley is the noise they make and the decades-old Easy Rider style appeal. I’m riding a 2006 Suzuki 650. It’s never been in the shop except for maintenance, and I can hear Harleys on the freeway over the sound of my own engine from a quarter mile away, and yet it’ll leave those Harley riders in the dust. Harley-Davidson has been cashing in hard on their aesthetic, selling shit motorcycles for far more than they’re worth for decades. Noisy, shit motorcycles plus all the Harley-branded leather that might be literally $1000 for a leather jacket.

Maybe it’s no wonder people with such shit taste in hardware, clothing, and general lifestyle welcome covid as part of their hobby. It’s about as awful as everything else.

• Bill Warner says:

I loved my ’74 Norton Commando Mk2, even the oil leaks

• Wesley Sandel says:

A clutch a week! But motorcycles are a lot more dependable now.

• Dennis Cole says:

Wow, Wes! The problem with my Norton was electrical: a small piece called a “Zener Diode” kept burning out, even after they replaced the magneto – twice! It acts as a shunt, to keep the battery from being overcharged, and the mechanics kept telling me, “Well, it’s just one of those mysteries; Why don’t you carry a spare with you, and we’ll show you how to replace it yourself.”