Dad Signs, Cont.

(H/T Scissorhead Dennis Cole)

GROANNN…

Guys, the Dad jokes are catching! Scissorhead Dennis Cole has joined the Dark Side!

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Dad Signs, Cont.

1. There is an old, quite exclusive club here in Tucons: https://mountainoysterclub.com

And yes, they’re on the menu…

2. donnah says:

Well, ick.

3. Redhand says:

It takes some balls to eat that. (Gag!)

4. Lsamsa says:

Why??!!

• Dennis Cole says:

They’re considered a delicacy in some environs, most notably during the spring roundups, when the young rams going to market get castrated, and, well, so many shepherds hated seeing any parts going to waste, they began frying them in hot oil, in cast-iron pans over open fires. It’s an acquired taste, for sure, and I don’t care for them as much as I do properly-prepared Turkey Nuts, which are readily available in my neck of the woods, as hundreds of thousands of turkeys are raised around here.

• Lsamsa says:

Thanks for the info Dennis…I just don’t get the need or the desire, unless you’re starving.
        I did find out what they were back in the 60’s…a friend’s dad trained horses for the Reynolds family (forget which state). My friend went to help at the workers’ camp & was dared to try them, without telling her what they were. Needless to say, not a happy camper.
        Looking it up…apparently up here in Canada they’re called ‘prairie oysters’.

5. Ten Bears says:

Limited joke factor, even for dad (or granddad) jokes, most people don’t even know what Rocky Mountain Oysters are. Take wild guesses at it. Damned funny.

6. vonBeavis says:

First smile of the morning as I watch the orange sphincter on CNN (I was hurling invective at that veruul as I read the news, MPS being one of my regular stops). I’ve had the opportunity to consume this, ahem, delicacy, but I’ve passed on the boys every time. Just can’t (sort of) teabag myself. I understand it’s just animal protein, but still …

7. Bruce388 says:

Visited Uncle Web (pronounced Wayub) in Alabama years ago. He had a few piglets to castrate. A neighbor was there to help. Quick and efficient, though not pleasant for the piglet.

The dog found those little oysters quite delicious.

8. Dimitrios says:

I can only see the appeal where the cojones form some sort of reward for winning a private duel. Then the eating of those prizes would be one way that the victor could ensure that the items in question can never again in some way be reattached.

It is to be assumed that I come from a rather primitive and violent stock.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s