Sunday Palate Cleanser

That jerk looks like he’s proud, too.

(Hat tip: Scissorhead Purplehead)

This entry was posted in Birds Are Jerks, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Sunday Palate Cleanser

1. Dennis Cole says:

“Feelin lucky, punk? Well, are ya?”

2. purplehead says:

A friend’s daughter had a beautiful blue macaw, who would take up a brazil nut in the shell and bite it in half like a Cheeto™®©.

Don’t you go cootchy-cooing and baby-talking to those birds!

• Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

The look of self-restraint on that parrot’s face is almost overpowering.
      “What’s a little nibble between friends, eh? Now, if I ever got serious… no, no we’re all civilized here, we won’t discuss it. Here, you can scratch my head.. Honest!”
      They’re social, they can use their beaks and claws like hands, and some species can easily outlive their (ha-ha) “owners”. I once talked to a young guy working at a big pet-products store who did his job with his African Grey Parrot riding on his shoulder. He said that when you adopt one of these you have to sign legal forms providing for their care should they outlive you. They routinely live to be 90 or more. I think maybe the parrot in this photo is that species; they’re famous talkers.

• MDavis says:

In a book written by (for?) a guy big in animal care – i think it was SPCA, but don’t remember – he compared their huge horse, Belgian, I think and their blue-and-gold Macaw. The Macaw was their only animal with a warning sign. Parrots that size are basically flying, feathered bolt-cutters.

3. Bruce388 says:

Polly looks ready to keep the number at zero.

4. The sign’s zeros are fixed/stationary … condolences to all those who enter his domain.

5. donnah says:

He’s not biting, he’s tasting!

6. Dimitrios says:

Remember when he and his pals went after Jane Fonda in Barbarella!

The horror! The Horror!

• Dennis Cole says:

But Alfred Hitchcock warned us before anyone else, always remember that.

I was a 7th-grade Crossing Guard at St. Vincent’s Grammar School, in Petaluma, CA at the time, with my jaunty cap, my nifty over-one-shoulder/waist belt, white gloves, and STOP sign at the ready, at the very intersection he drove by every morning, at the same exact time, on his way out to Bodega, and Bodega Bay, where they were filming “The Birds.” I even had the audacity to stop his chauffeured limo a time or two, so that the
      young chilluns under my tender care could safely make their passage across a dangerous intersection, and thus would not be late for class. And he never minded: he would always smile, and give me a small waggle of his fingers, as they drove past.

True story, I swear, I PINKY SWEAR!