‘Oops,’ Said Faceberg (part infinity)

So lifelike.

Facebook algorithm found to ‘actively promote’ Holocaust denial

Facebook’s algorithm “actively promotes” Holocaust denial content according to an analysis that will increase pressure on the social media giant to remove antisemitic content relating to the Nazi genocide.

They need pressure to remove Nazis? Really?

Delete your accounts. There is nothing good at Facebook. It is clearly now part of the right-wing noise machine.

This entry was posted in Anti-Semitism, Facebook or Faceberg. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to ‘Oops,’ Said Faceberg (part infinity)

1. So, where would that leave the left to gather? Leaving such a easily-accessed platform for it to be used solely by the extreme right would only serve them (the extreme right) better. I think it’s just the opposite (of leaving), I think more of our side needs to join and be vocal AF on there, drowning out the morons with fierceness and fire. C’mon, and not to be shocking but, this page/site (Mock/Paper?Scissors) should be taking up space (and being heard & SEEN) on DeFacedbook. This is a fight, not a spectator sport … Hey ho, let’s go …

• (oops on the question mark after (Paper)

• MDavis says:

This reminds me of the argument between “I quit this administration because I don’t approve of them” being heroic because you don’t support them or cowardly because you are one more roadblock removed on their push to perdition.

• beckymaenot says:

Seriously Claude- quit FB. Take back your time and energy. There are plenty of spaces to gather and talk left leaning politics. Try your local Dem party- and by local I’m talking county level. You will not miss FB. It’s a huge timesuck. And it makes you feel bad. You will feel better after quitting- just like smoking. You will miss it a bit at first- but as your head clears and your spirit heals- you will be glad you did.

• I don’t understand the “save time and energy” & “you will not miss facebook” thing as it wrongfully (-and insultingly) assumes I spend/invest a large amount of time with it.
        Worse than that, I also don’t understand being directed to preach to the choir (-I see that as silencing voices that’ll never have impact where (and on who) it needs to have impact on. … This advice is part of what I see as the left’s Achille’s heel, self destructive in that it allows the shitshow free passage to reaffirm their own bad messenging to themselves unhindered, unchecked and unabated.
        This is EXACTLY why we fail.

• I just want to add also that there is no fine line between warriors/fighters and whiners/complainers but it will choose the outcome of this election. I refuse to be “t’rump’ed” again -without a FIGHT.

I understand that argument well, Claude. Everyone forgets I used to work for Alan Colmes.

• Infidel753 says:

Last I heard, there are two billion people who have accounts on Facebook. The entire politically-engaged population of the US combined is too miniscule to have any impact on the character of something that size.

• Last I knew, 9 of my sibs (of 14) have FB accounts -6 of which are pro LDN. It’s (FB) their main pulpit/town square.
        Now, that “futility of 2-billion” is better aimed at those boycotting FB for being pro-right than at me whose target audience/aim/battle is my siblings (and academic chums dating back to kindergarten).
        One person vs. a scant handful, not one person vs. 2 billion.

2. Dennis Cole says:

[Le sigh] I was an avid FB participant up until just recently, when they punished me with a 30-day ban for calling tRump “white trash” in a meme caption, that alleged he’s trashed the Constitution, trampled all over Rules, Regs, and Law & Order, and will likely trash the WH if booted out. It used to be a splendid day-waster, and I had a lot of fun, but being inna hoosegow has given me a whole different perspective.

So, these days, my time is being spent more productively, riding my bike for hours, and getting lots of fresh air and exercise, which is vital to my continuance, as a recent visit to the ER, and a multi-day stay inna hospital revealed I now have Stage 3 kidney disease, (stage 4 requires dialysis, but I’m considered to be “in remission,” and stabilized by powerful diuretics,) and my CHF has gotten worse. A LOT worse, as in my already enlarged heart has almost doubled in size since my last ECG in 2018, and its final output, known as the “Ejection Fraction” is down to 20 or 25%, from around 40% or so back then. I’m also on home oxygen therapy, which makes biking even more adventurous, since I have to strap a portable oxy tank to the bike rack on back.

Next step is a consult between/among my Primary Dr, my GI guy, my cardiologist, my pain mgmt specialist, and a coupla others, to try to determine my longevity at this point, and how best to treat my conditions while keeping my pain levels down without such powerful doses of pain meds (yes, I’m back on the Fentanyl,) that they won’t affect my balance & equilibrium to the point that bike-riding is no longer possible. Right now, I’m taking the lowest dose available: 12 MICRO grams, with plans to increase that to 25 micgs by year’s end, if I feel I need it, but I plan on increasing very slowly.

That’s right – I had to get rushed to the hospital with imminent liver & kidney failure for them to believe me, finally, but now they ARE taking my case seriously. And every single Dr agrees that my bike was a wise choice, as it’s one of the best low-impact forms of cardio available to me, as I have such difficulty walking, and experience such pain from it. Unless I’m in the Therapy Pool at the Y, which is no longer allowed, but maybe by next year they can reopen, in which case I can ride my bike there, for Aqua Aerobics. If I live that long. It’s rather hard to gauge at this point, except to know that my time’s getting short.

• MDavis says:

Kudos for the bike thing. And breaking through to get the pain reliever that works for you! I’m impressed no matter how you pulled that off. We’ve been refused effective pain relief for our cat because of the over-tight regulations. (they explained it, they weren’t allowed to prescribe for him any more) That’s about 12 pounds of cat. It’s ridiculous.

• Dennis Cole says:

My pain mgmt was transferred from the small city where I live, down the road a ways, to the next closest facility. I din’t exactly make death threats against any of my Drs locally, but I dropped slews of “F-bombs” aplenty, so they washed their hands of me. So, my new Pain Dr actually asked me what my “favorite flavor” was, out of all the pain meds they had used, and I told him hands-down it’s Fentanyl. It’s only #2 when it came to THE most effective one, but it’s #1 when it comes to me being able to function. And he wanted to start me at 25, but I disagreed, knowing how sensitive I would be, after 30 days “clean,” so we’re starting low and going slow, and I’ll add another 6 micg when I feel the need to, and then go to 25 eventually, at which time I made need Hospice Care, which means they can raise the dosage yet again, and then again, to keep me comfortable while I’m dying.

Cascading Organ Failure is a lot more painful than it sounds, but it’s the “territory” I’m currently entering into, to begin traversing.

• I had to fill out a HIPAA permission form to get a prescription filled at a compounding pharmacist one time. I got as far as “But this is for a ca..” before the pharmacists sighed and said “I know. We still have to get one for every patient per our lawyers.”

• MDavis says:

Yep – we were in prohibition remission for quite a while, but it has metastasized.
        What you described was pretty similar to our experience. I also read about a woman who had a helper dog (It was a small dog, so it warned her if she was about to, I don’t know, have a seizure or something) whose doctor all but threatened her with prison for not disclosing her new opiod use. Her 10 pound dog’s dose had showed up on a report attached to her chart. The doctor was upset because she hadn’t disclosed.
        It’s gone too far. They learned nothing from alcohol prohibition. Wait, they learned the wrong lesson from alcohol prohibition, IMO.

• julesmomcat says:

DC – so sorry to hear of all the angst you’re enduring. Nobody ever said life (or dying) is easy; but, as my wise Grandma Decker used to say, “Tomorrow is promised to no one,” so, here’s hoping your path gets a bit easier and more pain-free.

• Dennis Cole says:

jules mc – I’ve known this was coming for years; I’ve actually lived past my “best by:” date, so I don’t have a lot of major arrangements to make, both of my kids are well aware, as are my siblings. My final choice is to go DNR, and I’m listed as an organ donor, although I don’t imagine I have any left in fine working order, lol.

And as is true in so much else in Life, it’s the “Squeaky Wheel” that gets noticed. Right before it gets discarded to the trash heap and replaced, of course.

3. vertalio says:

Kill Facebook. If you try to fix it from within, you’ll get the ban hammer, because they are, as tengrain noted, all in with the Fascism, simply as it will make them the most moolah.

Faceberg seems to not fully grasp “History”.

I have ‘friends’ all over the globe who, since I deleted my account just after the ’17 Inauguration, no longer remember my birthday, let alone make any attempt to say howdy. Turns out of course they are not my friends after all: it’s a brilliant, phony scheme to get your data so they can monetize it.
    Don’t be their sucker.

4. Jado says:

Look, Faceberg doesn’t even see all us little people as actual people – we are just lines of code to be sold to buyers who want to contact the data points that have our particular lines of code in order to entice us out of money. Do you think Faceberg pays the SLIGHTEST BIT of attention to content? It is to laugh. It’s all 1s and 0s to him, and the 1s start the giant number on his paycheck, and the 0s follow after. And we are the widgets he sells. DO you think he cares who’s buying?

And do you have any idea how much money it would cost to employ some editors to check content? We are talking full seconds of Facebergs compensation, not nanoseconds or microseconds, not even milliseconds. FULL. SECONDS. of his yearly compensation. He simply can’t afford it