Noted meteorologist Lord Damp Nut is leaving the White House for a trip to Lake Charles, La., and Orange, Texas, to survey storm damage. So, golf Sunday?
And just for gits and shiggles, here’s a sampling of headlines from the storm-affected areas:
- The Courier (Houma, La.): “Laura victims may go weeks without power” …
- The Daily Advertiser (Lafayette, La.):“FLOODED ROADS, NO ELECTRICITY: Hurricane Laura’s impact lingers in south Louisiana”
- The News Star (Monroe, La.): “200K without water; storm death toll rises” … The Times (Shreveport, La.): “CLEANING UP”
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram: “No water, power for survivors of Laura”
- Houston Chronicle: “Houston just avoided nightmare scenario”
Maybe he’ll bring paper towels and advise leaf-raking?