The Future History of Rat-Effing

Only the Shadow knows!

In the long history of rat-eff’ing, members of The Lincoln Project stand alone. Over decases, they’ve manipulated and trained the rubes to respond on a dime, and I’m sure in the Great Beyond, Dr. Skinner is looking on in amazement that with such blunt tools Republicans could be so easily trained. From working on Poppy Bush’s election to Chimpy McStagger’s to John McCain to Willard, every dirty trick from Willie Horton onward has been the work of someone on the Lincoln Project team channeling their inner Lee Atwater. It is not an exaggeration to say that they built the Monster Factory.

But then they lost control of it. And they lost it to a moron.

When the King of the Birthers, Candidate Trump, glided down the golden escalator, he out-smarted the rat-effers. While they always tried to keep a veneer of respectability on their evil machinations, and keep their indoor voices indoors, Candidate Racist just brayed the parts that they left out. And lo! It worked. The Lincoln Project guys didn’t know what hit them.

Lord Damp Nut usurped the astroturf Tea Partiers with blunt racism. No more dog whistles and innuendoes. Mexicans are rapists, Muslims want to kill you, Blacks want revenge, Liberals will turn your kids gay and you will not be allowed to eat a hamberder ever again.

Possum Hollar now says that Trump “tells it like it is,” and that he”says what they are thinking.” You bet he does. He’s every bit the lowbrow that they are.

Prediction #1

The Lincoln Project thinks that they can be swept back into the sweet spot of being Republican Kingmakers by creating another astroturf project, the Never Trumpers, but history is going to repeat itself. Instead of Birthers, The Lincoln Project is about to lose control to another conspiracy movement: Q-Anon, which is all-in to re-elect Trump.

Prediction #2?

That one is easy. If they cannot regain control of the Monster Factory they build for the Republicans, then they are going to build one for the Democrats and try to become the kingmakers here. They won’t be making Socialist monsters, they will be bending the Democratic Party to the right, and given how quickly good liberals are singing their praises, I’m predicting it will work.

The other week on Twitter I got a lecture in my DMs from a well-meaning liberal that I should be glad for their help, and only an idiot would turn away the kind of assistance the Lincoln Project is offering. I even was told to remember that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

OK, there are no atheists in Foxholes (I can sling clichés with the best of them), and I get that in the Emergency Room the goal is to keep the patient breathing, everything else is secondary. (Told ya!)

Enemies and anemones aside,  remember this: everytime they are in the media being praised, it is upping their influence. Once you get onto a producer’s rolodex, you are there for life. Each time they are in a seat being interviewed, there is a bonafide liberal who is being ignored.

When the dust clears and the smoke dissipates after the 2020 Goat Rodeo, someone from the Lincoln project will be interviewed about what went right and wrong. They will nod their heads sagely and blame the liberals (or praise the centrists, depending) and it will become the new conventional wisdom that moving to the right is the winning strategy.

Give them an inch, they will take a network. Looking at you, MSNBC.

This entry was posted in 2016 Goat Rodeo, 2020 Goat Rodeo, Rat Bastards. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to The Future History of Rat-Effing

1. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend sure worked well with Stalin!

• Ivory Bill Woodpecker says:

It would have been much harder to beat Nazi Germany if Hitler had not stupidly attacked the USSR–after Stalin, just as stupidly, had stacked his forces near the border, within reach of one of the patented German blitzkriegs, after having purged those forces of so many officers that the surviving officers were afraid to show any initiative.

Allies don’t need to like each other. They only need to need each other.

2. Ten Bears says:

No, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, but they might be someone I can work with. I’ll be the judge of that. Republicans have a lot in common with tigers and zebras, hyenas and Christians, and more than a few Democrats.

While we’re on the subject, it does leave me pause that Joe Biden has been endorsed by more Republicans than Democrats. Just sayin’, what with all this talk of who’s tugging whom which direction.

• sos says:

Gonna need some stat here, man. Easy to say

Don’t get me wrong: I’m fine with fighting dirty, and anytime someone tells me to take the High Road I’ll be glad to as long as I’m a sniper.

My issue is not with The Lincoln Project and what they are doing right now; my issue is with our FAILED POLITICAL PRESS that is letting them set the terms of the debate, and when this is all over, the LP will be setting the terms of the victory/defeat, depending.

Also, as I said during the DNC, why are there more Republicans getting more time on my teevee than AOC got? Made smoke come outta my ears.

• HarpoSnarx says:

“a lecture in my DMs from a well-meaning liberal that I should be glad for their help”
        Sounds like a nice anvil!

3. Their messages are spot-on -and coming from the right (attacking the right) it’s not just singing to the choir. I’ve lonnnng said the the left is too soft for it’s own good, weighted down & held back by the good virtues they try to stand for. Reality is (and shows) the other side are base animals and do not give a flying f’ck about “virtues and take advantage of the fact that the left tries to hold onto them.
    I’ll support the Stink’oln Project for now, I’ll use’m like toilet paper until no longer needed or useful (then flush when done). Dems aren’t stupid, just soft and they/we need to harden up.
    For the bigger picture and noble policies, I’m all for fighting dirty, just like I would for my kids.

I realize it’s a pipe dream but I’m hoping for option #3: Intentionally create a party to replace the outdated GOP.

5. Dennis Cole says:

I have been singing this same sad song all summer, and it carried over from the spring, when the shenanigans began – don’t trust them. You can’t trust them, they have an agenda, and are willing to go to ANY lengths, don and doff disguises, and cozy right up to you and whisper sweet nothings in your ear. But buyer beware, for that’s all they have to offer – nothing – and even if they sugarcoat it, and connive you into believing it’s the sweetest of sweet treats, but once your back is turned, the knife will most assuredly be plunged deeply, where you can’t even see it to remove it.
    They have proven it over and yet again, that they are the enemy of my enemy, and my enemy’s enemy, and nowhere close to being a friend. Let them do their dirtiest work, allow them to wreak their havoc, in hopes of displacing trump, but give them no accolades or adulations, nor any CONgratulations, for the long con they specialize in.

6. sos says:

It’s easy to say “WE” will never allow’ X’ (e.g. Lincoln Republicans) into the “tent”. But “WE” don’t control the purse strings or the microphones, do “WE”? However, donating to the Lincoln Project is most definitely amplifying their message.
    While the message is sweet now be very careful who you invite in.
    I would rather trust a viper than Rick Wilson, Charlie Sykes and the rest of that lot.

7. Dennis Cole says:

That was quite the stunt during the convention, having so many “turncoat” Repubs that they outnumbered who we really wanted to listen to. And what naturally comes next is how Big the (D) tent is, that we can include everybody and their Uncle Bob. (Who voted for tRump the 1st time, but now he swears he’s had it.) Yes, we Dims are the Party of Inclusion, we’re the ones always reaching across the aisle, to work things out amicably, to prove that…………….
    aw, fuck all that nonsense.

But who knows? Maybe them Lincoln fellers will bring some Lincoln Logs, to help bolster our resolve. Or stiffen our tent.

8. osirisopto says:

“ it will become the new conventional wisdom that moving to the right is the winning strategy.”

Wadddaya means New Conventional Wisdom?

Did you hit your head?

9. there are no atheists in Foxholes

Yes, there are….these are the folks working to get their own asses out of the shit they find themselves in. I want a foxhole full them when I’m in the shit…

10. Pingback: A Comment On The Lincoln Project | personnelente