About Last Night… (Make It Stop, Part Infinity)

In case you missed the Great Tent Revival last night, at the end of his dramatic speech, wheelchair-bound Madison Crawthorn (he of the Nazi Bucket List fame) stood up, like a scene cut from Bob Roberts:

“Be a radical for freedom,” said Cawthorn, who was seated. “Be a radical for liberty,” he said, hoisting himself up. “And be a radical for our republic, for which I stand,” he said, straightening himself, “one nation under God.”

Tim Robbins blushes.

Walking termite buffet Mike Pence made his nomination acceptance speech by praising Dear Leader, who did a drop-by mid-speech, because it is always about himself;

Mike Pence had a few things to say at the convention: Trump is great. Trump is great. And Trump is great

“There they were. A team as always: Vice President Pence and his wife, Karen. On the third night of the Republican National Convention, the couple walked out to the assembled audience at Fort McHenry in Baltimore holding hands. She took a seat and he stood framed by a red brick arch that was filled with American flags….

“Pence is a mediocre speaker. He mostly spends his time uttering the name of President Donald J. Trump in sentence after sentence. Diagram one of them and it’s likely: Noun, verb, adjective. Or more precisely: Trump. Is. Great. He likes staccato — a lazy form of emphasis.”

Mother Pence grimaced her way through, breaking as few Commandments as possible as they spoke to un-masked and un-distanced people who are gonna go back to their Hollars and spread the good word.

Anthrax Annie talked about her double-mastectomy (for some reason) and Bullshit Barbie wore white and that’s Lord Damp Nut’s salute to women.

One of the opening prayer people said that handsome Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are not good Catholics, which probably relieved Harris, as she is a Baptist.

Not mentioned: Jacob Blake, the 17-year old BLM killer, Hurricane Laura bearing-down on the gulf states, all the sports teams shutting down, and so-on.

I swear I did not watch the RNC, but reading about it this morning confirms I made the right choice.

UPDATE 1:

A RNC video showing rioters setting a city street on fire in “Biden’s America” is actually a photo from Barcelona, Spain, BuzzFeed News reports.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to About Last Night… (Make It Stop, Part Infinity)

1. RedDirtGirl says:

Remind me – who is Anthrax Annie?

2. julesmomcat says:

RNC? Total waste of time, electrons, and attention.

3. ming says:

I turned on the radio on the way home from work just in time to hear Richard Grenell claim that he watched President Donald Trump “charm” German Chancellor Angela Merkel. I busted out laughing and scared the dog. Then I had to turn the radio off.

You can fool me once, but you can’t get fooled again. The boy who cried wolf is getting ready to be eaten by the wolf. I can feel it in my gut, or somewheres.

5. Dennis Cole says:

In “Biden’s America,” if our homegrown domestic terrorists, er, arsonists & looters, er, “legitimate protesters” aren’t capable of meeting the demands required, why he’s willing to import them, as a sort of trade-balancing” deal; if they have a surplus, and we’re running a shortage, then by all means, invite them over!

But tell em don’t forget the empanadas – I love empanadas.

• Dennis Cole says:

TG – I’m glad somebody caught the reference to that vid clip coming from Spain; now, how do you feel about pupusas? I can take em or leave em, but gimme summa dat Serrano Ham, and Manchenko cheese, some crusty bread, oil and vinegar, and cold beer with the rest of the plata, along with some season-ripe melon……..that’s livin life in the grand style, but it can be done on the cheap.

I wish you could come sit by me, so I could share….

6. Steve-O says:

Surprised they didn’t have Donnie Two-Scoops come out and lay his tiny hands on Third Reich enthusiast Whitey McVeryWhitename prior to the standing.
    Missed opportunity.

7. Kent Fossgreen says:

Stood up from his wheelchair, eh? You mean like this?

8. As long as the nicknames are being addressed, this one from The Stranger has that special something, “Sentient haunted painting Mike Pence…”