About Last Night…

(Somewhere, there’s a Sheets-N-Shit missing its Bath Salts aisle.)

I didn’t watch it, you cannot make me. Thbbbbbt!

But for those who did watch, the highlight of the evening, the bit that most people are talking about, is the part where Kimberly Guilfoyle, fresh from Trump-virus isolation —and my gosh, her kidneys were magnificent— shoe-horned hersself into a red number and came strutting out to scream at America for 6 minutes:

A little over an hour into the first night of the Republican National Convention, former Fox News host and Donald Trump Jr.’s current girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle, walked onto the flag-strewn stage and took a deep breath. While the night was already governed by a bleak message of the threat of life without Trump — contrasting with the president’s promise that the evening would be “uplifting and positive” — Guilfoyle brought the fear, the fanaticism, and the convention’s fascist timbre to the next level.

Former Fox News talking person, Guilfoyle, Junior Mints’ emotional support cougar is paid by the 2020 Goat Rodeo Campaign $180,000 Ameros/per annum, which seems undervalued that she can bring the goods and keep Junior Mints occupied. His speech was described by our pals at Electoral Vote thusly:

The problem, incidentally, with letting people speak for longer periods of time (beyond it being boring) is that the flaws in their addresses become more evident. Donald Trump Jr. was expected to be one of the stars of the night, but, as he is not an experienced politician, he chose to deliver his stump speech in stump-speech style. Probably works great with a crowd, but is odd and out-of-place without one (Scott and Haley adopted a more conversational, “fireside chat”-type approach). It is also our guess that Trump Jr. was ailing in some way; his eyes were watering and bloodshot, and his face was pink and swollen.

The LATimes newsletter summed it up thusly: “Welcome to a parallel universe.”

Republicans kicked off their national convention by trying to radically recast President Trump’s failures in containing the coronavirus pandemic as triumphs and by painting an apocalyptic vision of America if Democratic nominee Joe Biden wins in November.

With Trump significantly trailing Biden in national and battleground polls, a parade of elected Republican officials, activists and the president’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., sought to lure back suburban and independent voters by trying to erase the president’s perceived deficits of empathy and competence.

But the program was marked by a dissonance between the upbeat, revisionist appeals and the dark, hyperbolic visions that repeatedly warned that Biden would champion socialism and lawlessness while Trump would stand, as one speaker put it, as a “bodyguard” who would protect America. In a rambling midday speech, Trump said that “your American dream will be dead” if Biden wins.

Speakers at the Republican National Convention including Kimberly Guilfoyle, Donald Trump Jr.’s girlfriend and San Francisco’s former first lady, also made California a dystopian punchline.

Meanwhile, the convention’s planned use of the White House as backdrop and speeches from administration officials are breaking norms and bringing admonitions from ethics experts, with some suggesting Trump could potentially violate provisions of federal laws meant to ensure official authority is used for public good.

The Hatch Act is dead and buried.

And now, let’s cut to:

CNN:

“The Republican National Convention started off with a parade of dishonesty, in stark contrast with last week’s Democratic convention.”

“While CNN also watched and fact-checked the Democrats, those four nights combined didn’t have the number of misleading and false claims made on the first night of the Republicans’ convention.”

And the rebuttal?

Mommy!

Anyway, you can go to your favorite news sources and read how it played. As I said, I didn’t watch it, and you cannot make me.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to About Last Night…

1. Redhand says:

Projection, always projection with these assholes.

2. spotthedog says:

As Sam Kinison would say;

3. sos says:

perceived deficits of empathy and competence

THAT’S what makes it art! perceived my ass

4. ming says:

Grain,
    I took one for the team so you didn’t have to watch it. My favorite version is the one with the North Korean propaganda music.

5. Steve-O says:

I’ve read the reactions and summaries and watched selected moments from various source and I’ve come to the conclusion the tRump National Convention is being brought to us by the letter “M”, as in “Mmmmmm…. Meth…..”

6. donnah says:

I watched the Democratic convention and felt the wave of goodness and kindness and brotherhood that was offered every night. I predicted that the Republican version would be devisive and hateful and I decided to protect my sanity and not watch it. And I didn’t.

I don’t need to see the vitriol and anger on the faces of the Republicans and hear the racist hate they’re spewing. They aren’t going to say anything we haven’t heard already and their tone will be shrill and ugly. So it’s not hard to skip it.

I would like to express something that really does piss me off. Trump has, since his campaign days, done whatever he wants to do, whether it’s refusing to release his taxes or refusing to hand over his business dealings. He “breaks convention” , “goes rogue”, “ignores tradition” on everything and no one ever stops him. It’s been happening for four years.

Now his plastic bride has stripped the Rose Garden for her speech and he’s having a stage and scaffolding built on the South Lawn for his speeches.It’s unprecedented, like everything else, like hosting his brother’s funeral service there last week. He’s turned the White House into his personal showroom, funeral home, and big stage. And there’s not a damned thing we can do about his cheapening of our history.

• beckymaenot says:

Right D?!?! It’s the thing that just makes my head explode- the fact that there isn’t a single fucking person in the Whitehouse that can make his stop. He could decide to bulldoze the entire lawn and build a monument to himself and we would be powerless to stop him.

7. bluzdude says:

I think if you removed all the lies, misdirection, exaggeration and disinformation from last night’s broadcast, it would have been as long as the average prescription drug commercial. And even less entertaining.

8. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Heh…

9. Dennis Cole says:

OK, Fox News……….Take it away!!!

Uh, wait, we didn’t mean that literally; won’t you come back? Pretty please?

10. osirisopto says:

I wonder if Junior Mints realizes she gets that enthusiastic whenever it’s convenient?

11. Karla says:

This is awesome — Twitter has #GuilfoyleChallenge trending and it’s hilarious.

Seriously, I spent an hour plus scrolling through it, Karla. I totally forgot to watch the RNC.

That’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it.