Going Postal, part infinity

Tiger Beat OTP

“Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has agreed to House Democrats’ request for him to testify next week about his controversial Postal Service changes that have raised hackles around the nation.”

I guess those threats to have him arrested in the basement got through to him?

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Save the USPS. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Going Postal, part infinity

1. Or the folks marching outside his house. It’s always amazing how quickly some of these Masters of the Universe fold when they suddenly realize there are more of us than there are of them

He might also behaving thirteenth and fourteenth thoughts about being part of this whole SS Trump thing. I suspect he’s starting to understand that….he means fuck-all to Dear Leader who’ll throw him under the wolves without even a first thought, let alone a second.

2. osirisopto says:

I think he’s agreed to lie to congress and count of the MHSG pardoning him before he leaves office if he loses and to lionize him if he wins.

To quote the orange asswipe in the Oval Office, “what have you got to lose?”

• Perturbation says:

If I recall correctly, the House can also hold people in inherent contempt for lying under oath, enforceable by the Sergeant at Arms and not subject to a presidential pardon. The House hasn’t resorted to inherent contempt for decades, instead relying on the DOJ to enforce subpoenas and perjury. But in this climate I really don’t understand why the House didn’t resume enforcing its own prerogatives years ago.

3. osirisopto says:

See the comments.

4. Dennis Cole says:

And we’ll get to hear another exciting round of “I take the 5th.” Or, “I plead the 5th.” Or, “I have been informed by counsel that I am under the protection of Prezinential Immunity on that subject.”

Yes I can foresee this resulting in major changes being made, at both the Fed and State levels. (Now if only the techs can find all the partz what is missin, from the dismantlin of the processin machines…)

• R White says:

Don’t forget about DeJoy definitely having numerous occasions whereby he ‘couldn’t recall’ directives that limited the functionality of the PS. Also, as a chief fellater of fat nixon, he will have at least 2 lackeys to throw under the bus for his cruel incompetence.

5. YellowDog says:

It’s more likely that the criminal referrals got his attention. Barr can’t control the state prosecutors, at least not yet.