“Following the meeting, Mr. Trump told reporters he had discussed stimulus measures with Republicans, but offered few details. Mr. Trump wants to suspend the payroll tax through Dec. 31, an administration official said, though he has also said privately he wants the tax to be permanently eliminated.”
- “I would love to see a payroll tax cut. There are many people that would like to see it as a permanent tax cut — payroll tax cut.”
- “I mean, there are a lot of people — I’m one of them — that would have liked to have seen the payroll tax cut as a permanent cut.”
- “If I’m victorious on November 3rd, I plan to forgive these taxes and make permanent cuts to the payroll tax. So I’m going to make them all permanent.”
- “But if I win, I may extend and terminate. In other words, I’ll extend it beyond the end of the year and terminate the tax.”
- “And this is deferral payroll tax obligations. So this is your payroll tax obligations, which we’re going to end up terminating eventually, right?”
Look, I don’t know if Lord Damp Nut knows that he’s talking about defunding Social Security and Medicare (and I kinda doubt it, the man is dumber than rocks), but his Chief of Staff Mark Meadows sure knows it and isn’t stopping him from saying it. This has been a GOP wet dream for ages. Somewhere Paul Ryan is popping wood.
The real question is, Does Possum Hollar know?