Sir Terry Would Approve

CNN – click image to go to story

Christchurch New Zealand has an official Wizard, Ian Brackenbury, who has been paid 16,000 New Zealand dollars ($10,400) annually by the Christchurch City Council for wizardry.

Of course he’s a Brit. There will always be a Britain, even if it’s manifested in New Zealand.

Speaking of New Zealand wizardry, New Zealand found four new coronavirus cases after 102 days of being virus-free. So even countries that have eradicated the Trump-Virus have to stay vigilant.

We’re totally eff’ed in the dark.

Anyway, I recommended reading about the NZ wizard if you want something other than the Trump-Virus to think about.

This entry was posted in Pandemics, snark. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Sir Terry Would Approve

1. Sirius Lunacy says:

I have a wizard robe that my wife has embroidered “Born to Rune” on the back.

2. ali redford says:

Thank you! 🙂

3. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I call fake news, the official New Zealand wizard is Smut Clyde! Another Kiwi is New Zealand’s official bard.

• David H Lippman says:

No, he’s really…I met this guy several times when I was in New Zealand. He drove a very unusual Volkswagen…front and back were identical. He sold maps that had the world reversed, and New Zealand at the top.

Quite a colorful character.

4. Diane says:

America needs an official Wizard. Can you imagine the evangelical freak out? Hahahaha!

5. another kiwi says:

Damn straight BBBB. Where’s my pay is all I can say.
    NZ is moving back to higher levels of covid alert. Auckland is where the four cases were found and that is going to level 3 which is lockdown with home deliveries allowed. The rest of us are at level 2 which is pretty light. Masks in public spaces, social distancing. wash your damn hands.
    The country is not happy about it but we can see the results of doing less.

Kiwi –

How did you use your wizardry to find 4 people out of 5M? Show them that, and you’re a shoe-in for the job.

You got my vote.

6. another kiwi says:

Ugh, now it seems that one of the family who tested positive on Tuesday went to a tourist centre on the weekend before they got tested. People from all over NZ were there. Here we go again.