And It’s Kamala Harris!

OAKLAND, REPRESENT!

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to And It’s Kamala Harris!

1. donnah says:

I’m so happy that he chose Kamala. She’s smart, tough, and she will bring a new fire to the race. The announcement felt like everything snapped into place and now we can join forces and move forward with focus and determination. I’m cheering a Biden/Harris ticket!

2. My only regret with this is that I won’t get to see Attorney General Kamala Harris put the boot to the trump crime family.

But it’ll be fun watching her turn Pence into a pile of kindling for the termites to feast upon…

Kamala was a my very very close second primary choice after Warren, so this pleases me.

• purplehead says:

Katie Porter would make a super dandy AG. She really kicks ass, is whip-smart, was a student of Elizabeth Warren at Hahvahd. I would LOVE to see her in that position. She ain’t afeared of Republican butt-holes.

• robginchicago says:

Sally Yates, a career DOJ Professional, has some KARMA she could dish out as well, and she may already be on Biden’s radar, since she has been scheduled to speak at the (virtual) Convention next week. Trump should really knock it off with the ridiculous nicknames. He needs to concentrate on packing his sh*t up for the move.

• Diane says:

Don’t forget Adam Schiff. He did a terrific job with trump’s impeachment. I also like the way he shoots daggers at Devin when he acts the fool.

• Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Leticia James would make a great AG.

3. Dennis Cole says:

Tis a pity, coz I agree with BDR; she would be much more forceful as AG, and that’s where her talents are honed. Willie Brown (former mayor of Sf,) had a great essay on this very topic in last Sunday’s Chronicle. As VP, she’ll be mostly a figurehead, without any real power, but as AG, she could have “cleaned house.”

It’s a moot point, anyway, as there won’t BE an election; or if there IS, the results won’t matter, we’ll have 4 more years of absolute madness and mayhem.

4. Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

I am really happy about this — it doesn’t startle me, for it shows (among other things) what I have come to think of as Biden’s political smarts. He’s an experienced hand. It also shows his human emotional intelligence. No petty grudges, search for someone who is strong in his weaker areas, who knows things he doesn’t, who will both challenge him and collaborate and have his back. What a team they’ll make — complimentary is a dull word for it — on the campaign trail, or the campaign ether, or whatever. And the energizing influence it will have on the Dem powerhouse of organized Black women will be wonderful.

5. Dennis Cole says:

I don’t mean to be such a buzzkill, I’m trying to be a realist, and WJ Astore has this to say about that:

“Below is what I wrote in April of last year. You can see I wasn’t right about the scenario, but I was right about the candidates. My secret? Be coldly cynical. Think money and power without principles. And you’ll have your dream ticket. A “dream” that’s a nightmare for progressives, for workers, indeed for anyone looking for real change in America.”

• Dennis Cole says:

Essentially, any fence-squatters who are still undecided, but are the slightest bit racist, or Misogynistic will be off-put, and likely to either not vote, or vote for tRump

• Redhand says:

I just don’t get Murrica’s RWNJ aversion to women as candidates for high national office (aside from idiot Sarah Palin). Harris will be so cool as VP!

• Ahhhh another “What you folks should want” article from an old straight white liberal guy who probably hasn’t actually suffered much under trump.

It was the Democratic base that selected Biden, not some shadowy cabal of “DNC insiders”.

Sanders/Gabbard was the dream ticket??? LOL

6. ming says:

Bueno. She was my first choice for the top slot.

7. w3ski4me says:

I still think he should have promised her Att. General, but who am I. Hey TG, I know you aren’t exactly Oakland, just as I was close but not too, but still. Hometown Girl makes it big time, right?
    Now on to Voting, winning, and the Victory Celebration.
    w3ski

8. osirisopto says:

Cue the Butt hurt whining from the racist, misogynistic, patriarchal, fascist, vote stealing wings of the republican party.

I feel better about voting for a 73 year old establishmentarian knowing a multi cultural, multi racial woman who has an opinion and is not afraid to beat you with it is next in line for the office.

I can’t wait to hear what IQ45 has to tweet about this.

9. spotthedog says:

Yay VP Harris!
    I see Trump has already started with the “nasty” comments he reserves for women when he feels threatened. Dude apparently can’t come up with a new insult, “nasty” seems so 2016.

10. Perturbation says:

I was hoping for Tammy Duckworth, but for similar reasons that Kamala Harris is a good pick. I look forward to watching her put Pence over her knee as decisively as Biden did Paul Ryan in 2012. Tim Kaine was totally unprepared to deal with Pence’s torrent of pious-faced “Oh gosh no, Donald Trump never said that” lies in 2016, but Harris will show up with receipts in hand.

My knee-jerk reservation was oh no, the Bernie Bros DESPISE Harris…. but then they convinced themselves they despised even Warren ffs, so there was never any pleasing those people short of Biden announcing that he’s stepping aside to let Bernie have the top of the ticket.

11. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I saw some right-wing randos already floating a birtherist attack. They are as predictable as they are hateful.

12. paul fredine says:

bring on the veep debates!!! pence will look good when kamala uses him for a mop.

13. chapter18 says: