Bad Signs, Cont.

I’m not sure who to thank, but I’ve stocked up.

This entry was posted in Bad Signs. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Bad Signs, Cont.

1. Karla says:

No wonder they had to put them on sale.

2. CalicoJack says:

Howdy y’all!

I mourn the passing of the hyphen. I rage and scream into the void when I see such ambiguity play out before me. I toss and turn in sleepless slumber wondering which of the two possibilities it could be. Is it a tasty-ass cracker in which case ass would be part of the modifier, tasty, or is it a tasty ass-cracker in which case ass would be part of the noun, cracker? Not knowing is just a cruel violence to inflict upon humanity during an already trying time.

Huzzah!
    Jack

• Dennis Cole says:

Jack – it looks to me to be more of a case of the missed period, after ASS. [insert pregnant pause here] Or, to be fair, it’s lacking an apostrophe, and a coupla letters: ASST’D.
      But I get your drift; Tasty-ass is certainly called for, on any special occasion that crackers go well with.

Carry on.

• MDavis says:

Oh, the shame!
      Oh, the humanity!

• CalicoJack says:

You know, they always start with the little things. First, they came for the hyphens, and I did nothing because I don’t get hyphens. Then, they came for the Oxford comma, and I did nothing because “hey, it’s the freaking Oxford comma; who cares, amirite?” And when they came for proper sentence structure and diction, there was nothing left to defend, and we all ended up talking like Trump.

The stuff of nightmares, my friend.

Jack

• MDavis says:

And don’t get me started on semi-colons.

3. julesmomcat says:

Oh, geeez – this party’s gettin’ dirty. I’m pulli’ up my pants, and goin’ home.
    (I said that, at a party, back in the 60’s, and got thrown out; there just ain’t no justice!)

4. Lsamsa says:

Reducing the description of a product to a label description is not for the lazy.

5. sos says:

You really couldn’t afford not to but a butt-load

6. Stony Pillow says:

Served with tossed salad by all discerning hosts.