Vroom-Vroom, Superspreaders, Doom

Eric Trump Joins a Biker Gang!

By the end of the 10-day Biker Rally in Sturgis SD, some of the attendees or hosts might be infected, but you know: Breathe Free or Die.

NBC News:

One week after the rally, residents of Sturgis will be able to take the coronavirus test free of charge, TODAY reported,  which is really good to know as you make your final arrangements.

These people are insane, but maybe SD can make some money off of a modern ghost town next year.

This entry was posted in Distancing, Flush The Toilet Properly, masks, Pandemics, Shelter-in-Place, Shut Yo Mouth Fools, Testing, Wash Yo Hands Fools. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Vroom-Vroom, Superspreaders, Doom

1. Dennis Cole says:

“FOR SALE! UNBELIEVABLE PRICES & SELECTION!”

Now’s your chance, folks; if you’ve been wanting that Hardley-Dangerous motorcycle you’ve always dreamed of , now’s your chance!!! We have an outstanding collection of barely-used, hardly-used, almost-like-new Harleys, and many other models to choose from, so c’mon down to Harley Town, located in beautiful St Paul/Minneapolis, and pick out your new ride TODAY!

2. donnah says:

Sturgis probably had a lower risk than most towns prior to this weeklong event. And maybe they escape with minimal damage in the long run. But imagine the toxic level of virus being shared now among 250,000 bikers who will travel back to all of their hometowns and spread the wealth. I hope it was worth it.

3. another kiwi says:

To paraphrase the inestimable ten grain, They are so effed in the dark.

“Come on down! This year Sturgis has more to offer than just STDs.”

Brave, brave Bikers. They are proving to the world that Americans know how to live DIE.

5. Perturbation says:

I ride a motorcycle. Not a Harley because Harley-Davidson has for decades been cashing in on Harley Culture to sell crap motorcycles that look and sound a certain way for way more money than they’re worth. And Harley/Sturgis culture utterly escapes me, while at the same time I’m sure if I showed up in Sturgis with the Suzuki I’ve put 60K miles touring every western state with camping gear for one strapped to the rear, I’d be met with total derision by thousands of guys who hauled their absurdly expensive/heavy Harleys to Sturgis on a trailer…not to mention this year none of these burly biker men are going to tolerate the sight of anyone wearing a mask.

It’s weird. Really weird. Has been for decades. But they can have it as far as I’m concerned. I ride to briefly feel free, not to feel drunk amid 250k people who really really need a motorcycle to make them feel burly enough to get through the next demoralizing and emasculating day.

• Perturbation says:

I recall seeing scrawled on the inside of a bathroom stall door in a bar in Eagle Nest, New Mexico:

“Need help trailering your Harley? Call 1-800-GROW-A-PAIR and we will teach you how to ride!”
      And it had been angrily angrily scratched out but not so thoroughly you couldn’t read it, plus “FUCK YOU!!!” scratched underneath it. Somebody a little triggered methinks.

• LOL, we spent a few days in Taos NM coincidentally on the weekend there’s a sizable motorcycle fest (ISTR is was Memorial day?) All the motels had shiny never-saw-a-day-of-work-in-their-lives high-end pickups and Escalades with bike trailers behind them that held their fancy-ass choppers.

Perturbation,

I was on my way south out of Silicon Valley some years ago, when my banged-up TR4-A became surrounded by shiney new EXPENSIVE Harleys, each ridden by a an aging man wearing ironed jeans, complete with grey ponytail. Behind him sat the trophy wife with similar designer biker duds.

My travel companion yawned and said, “the marketing department is here.”

6. spotthedog says:

Sturgis is not worth it unless a certain celebrity biker makes an appearance;