For The Good of The Country

“Is it irresponsible to speculate? It would be irresponsible not to.” – Bacardi Lifetime Achievement Winner, Peggy Noonan, Wall St. Journal, April 2000.

Now, I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up, but there is something definitely strange about this picture: LDN isn’t wearing his orange face (or if he is, he’s blending his makeup better!), and as we know he notoriously doesn’t read, unless it is about himself. So seriously what’s up with the stack of newspapers?

Last night, the doctors from the Twitter School of Medicine had him down for everything from a stroke to an overdose, and especially from the bruise on the top of his right hand that he must have been getting fluids, but I’m not going to play that game. (I’m totally playing that game!)

But the game I will play is this: if he were a Democrat, the Republicans would be calling for him to step down, for the good of the country.

I’m down with that.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to For The Good of The Country

1. This is likely what he has looked like all along when not primped and polished spray-tanned at an Earl Scheib. Papers are just a stack of stuff he’s going to pretend he read. Newspapers just to see what they said about him and the rest is likely stuff about the country to ignore.

So… Tuesday….

• MDavis says:

I’m pretty sure there’s an Enquirer in that stack.
      He probably skims the headlines of his favorites daily, or at least on the days when he doesn’t have enough to tweet-bitch about without them.

2. sos says:

So seriously what’s up with the stack of newspapers?

Kindling for the Reichstag fire?
    Or, more hopefully, his funeral pyre!

3. FELINE MAMA says:

He’ll be talked in to “resigning”. He couldn’t bear to go ahead with election and LOSE!! DJT is NOT a LOSER. They’ll tell the American people he is in poor health. They’ll come up with a very convincing condition, but, NOT anything “mental”, of course!
    He never liked presidenting. He liked the title, power, perks & benefits. But NOT the actual work. Besides he was incompetent and STUPID !!

4. Bruce388 says:

Speculation I’ve read is the stack of newspapers is to keep his tremors under control. The bruise is from an IV in the hand since he’s so fat they couldn’t find a vein anywhere else. There’s also speculation he was fighting the IV.

And, typing of Peggy Noonan,

Bruce388 – Yeah, I read the Nooner, but I just find inspiration really hard. Her secret sauce (other than booze) is that she counts on no one remembering what she wrote previously. Her column is literally her negating herself.

It would be another one with the spectre of “Ronald Wilson Reagan, the greatest president of the previous century, probably the greatest ever” visiting her and reminding her what she wrote before, and I feel like I’ve done that a zillion times.

• No need to retread such trampled territory. She hasn’t had anything new to say for quite a while, so, while I’m sure your pineapple and rum soaked muse will eventually inspire you, it could take a long time.

5. purplehead says:

I think this twit comment hits it: “The look of after being injected with disinfectant!

6. Dennis Cole says:

It may have finally struck home, how the Virus doesn’t discriminate, now that Screwy Louie and Miz Lyndzee have it. And went blithely spreading it all throughout the House chambers, the gym, and last I heard, Lyndsey was isolating – in his office/bedroom! which shares the HVAC system with the rest of the building.
    Even the “Rioters,” and the “vicious looters,” and “destroyers of our beautiful Courthouses, and statues honoring our Heritage” aren’t helping; the protest have calmed down, and the Shutzstaffel are withdrawing, so there go the photo-ops showing us how a “Strong Leader leads.”
    And since 99.9% of the extant Rethugs have cemented themselves to him, and the “Brand,” the whole darn shootin match (swidt?) is going down in Nov. So about all he can do now is to privately instruct his Postmaster General to stop ANY AND ALL mail delivery 2 wks prior, and 2 wks after the election, citing the “danger to the workers, and the community,” and to either destroy or just not deliver massive numbers of mail-in ballots.

And if THAT doesn’t get him reelected, I don’t know what will

7. Ten Bears says:

I read somewhere taking fish tank sanitizer isn’t such a good idea.

As I was saying my son a bit ago, he looks a lot like my father just before he fell into a diabetic coma and died at seventy-five. Not a surprise, given the lifestyle: the junk food, the ill-exercise, though perhaps not alcohol but the dabbling in drugs. When he went, my father went fast, didn’t suffer more than the coma. That’s what he looked like.

8. Redhand says:

And of course, he isn’t wearing a mask!

9. A young man can bounce back quickly from bone spurs, but as you age…

10. Green Eagle says:

I am very concerned about this approach. I worry that the Republicans are actually encouraging all this speculation about him being ill, because if they have to get rid of him quickly before the election, they can blame it all on his health, rather than the fact that he is a criminal traitor, and thus turn the utter betrayal of the country by their party into a historical tragedy in which nobody is to blame.

11. Diane says:

A part of me wants him to resign. A part of me wants to see him go down in utter defeat. I don’t want Pence to be placed in the temporary role of president. The evangelicals would love it. They would vote for him in a heartbeat.

12. that’s the kind of bruise you get on your hand when you’ve been spiked for an IV. Believe me, I know.

• Lsamsa says:

That was my first reaction to seeing that.
      Experience here as well.

• Dennis Cole says:

Z – I have bruisenning like that all up & down both arms, and the backs of my wrists, due to a skin condition, and the aspirin I take for a blood-thinner. It’s usually more common in women, but in this case, I don’t think the med personnel attending him would have used that for an IV site, as it’s so highly visible, and the veins there are so small. Some Phlebotomists go for the crook of the elbow, while others avoid it entirely, preferring the large veins traversing the inner arm, close to the elbow. Of course, in my case, they were pumping massive amounts of fluids and IV antibiotics, so they needed the volume, but I’ve also had a “PICC Line” in one shoulder area, and a Multi-port IV site, right in my Jugular.

13. CalicoJack says:

Howdy y’all!
    America’s favorite pastime: diagnosing Lord Dampnut! He’s probably carrying the newspaper to clean up his incontinence. It is absorbent. Since he’s probably dyslexic — Don’t you think he exhibits all the signs of dyslexia? Sad, because his narcissism prevented him from getting it treated. Just like his adult children didn’t seek treatment for their narcissistic personality abuse, and in Ivanka’s case likely sexual abuse given LDN’s executive dysfunction — he’s never met an impulse that he could resist — even though they had ample resources to do so. Back to the newspapers, though. He isn’t carrying them to read because he don’t. He probably has an intern reporting-making up headlines praising him on a daily basis. He wouldn’t be doing such a menial task for himself. Traditionally, newspapers have been used to for house training pets, but since he is too germophobic and narcissistic to have pets, it can only mean he’s using them for his own messes until the nurse’s aide can get in there to get him cleaned up proper.

It looks like he just came from one of his many golfing outings where he probably allowed himself to become dehydrated. He’s the very model of a modern stable genius, so no one is going to tell him to push fluids! He’s probably proud of getting IV fluids because it makes him so very special.

Most everything that LDN says and does can be explained, anticipated, and understood through his narcissism.

Huzzah!
    Jack

14. Perturbation says:

I’m guessing the stack of newspapers is to try to hide the bruise, the same way he carries an umbrella and yanks it hard down on his head whenever there’s a hint of breeze as he disembarks Air Force One. He does actually really like newspapers. No he doesn’t actually read any article but by all reports one of his favorite pastimes going back decades is checking to see if any headlines mention him.

As for whether he or the GOP might manufacture a health excuse to allow him to bow out without acknowledging all his crimes, I’m totally fine with any excuse he/they come up with as long as HE GOES, and as long as the incoming Biden administration doesn’t decide to give his crimes a pass for, y’know, national healing or whatever, the way Ford did for Nixon, or the way Obama did for Dumbya.

Guess we’ll see if we’ve learned that lesson yet.