Lunchtime Reading

🎶 Looking out a dirty old window 🎵

This article in Vanity Fair should set your hair on fire:

How Jared Kushner’s Secret Testing Plan “Went Poof Into Thin Air”

This spring, a team working under the president’s son-in-law produced a plan for an aggressive, coordinated national COVID-19 response that could have brought the pandemic under control. So why did the White House spike it in favor of a shambolic 50-state response?

It’s another stunning success for the Boy Prince of New Jersey.

Here’s the paragraph that made me pound my head on the desk:

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

This entry was posted in Fratsputin Jared Kushner, Pandemics, Testing. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Lunchtime Reading

1. I’m trying to figure out whether he gave a shit about Wisconsin. I mean, we have a Dem governor (a good one, too!) but we are also racist as fuck in the rural areas, and that was enough to (barely) tip it into Lord Dampnut’s column.

• Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I don’t think Wisconsin ever entered into his consideration. He’s one of those New Yorkers who actually scorns ‘flyover country’. Do you think he’d ever hang out in the Fox Valley?

2. Why, it’s almost as if they held a conference to come up with a “solution” to the Democrat Problem… I wonder if they considered holding it in Wannsee…

3. This is also literally criminal negligence (in the fucking correct use of the word literally!). It is absolutely clear that the White House deliberately and systematically set out to undermine the national response to the pandemic in order to aid his own re-election prospects, knowing that it was going to kill Americans…ones he did not care about because they were living in Blue states.

• beckymaenot says:

^^^^^THIS- this can not be said loud enough or often enough. These fuckers acted intentionally. They should be held accountable, and I don’t just mean at the ballot box. BDR is right and these people should all be prosecuted for criminal negligence.

I miss the days when elected officials understood the job they were running for supported all Americans, not just the ones that voted for them.

This administration lacks the smallest amount of human decency and is nothing but trash.

…and that was when I began pounding my head on the desk.

• Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I’m comfortable calling this democide a genocide.

4. donnah says:

It’s been clear from the start that Trump was not going to handle the virus. We knew when it throttled NYC that Democratic states were going to have to fight tooth and nail for help. And even when it first hit Florida, they hid the numbers so it seemed like it wasn’t going to be a problem.
    Jared set out to make money from deals he planned to make with foreign countries and fucked those up right off the bat.

Put shameless, clueless grifters into positions of power and disaster will ensue. The rest of us pay for it, with our lives.

• beckymaenot says:

Too right donnah. When I think about all those people who were so SURE that there was no difference between LDN and HRC… I want to ask them if they still feel that way.

5. sos says:

Don’t you think LDN actually following through with Little Prince Fauntledork’s plan means he’s probably cruising to reelection? His big brain (politics sector) + gut managed to hole the crap-ship-Trumptanic well below the waterline.
    Damn awful Pyrrhic victory though.

• Czippie L'Shimp says:

SOS, your comment reminds me of a post from the venerable TBogg. When Roberts was first appointed to the SC, he trotted out his kids with the boy looking very uncomfortable in a powder blue suit. He dubbed him “Little Lord Kick-My-Ass”. That has stuck with me ever since, and as soon as this twit came on the scene, TBogg’s description sprung immediately to mind.

6. laura says:

In our collective outrage, let’s not overlook that gormless wax-faced shite-weasel made sure that he, his in-laws and friends profited of our suffering and deaths. I pray I live long enough to shit on or near his grave.

• Diane says:

I want them to be arrested, stand trial for their many crimes, prison time, and possibly the death penalty. No more fcking around with this. Let it be a lesson to all that go into politics. You will be held responsible for your actions.

Laura, I can honestly say that peeing on the Reagan Ranch Center was one of the most satisfying moments of my life. And if I ever make it to Simi Valley, I have something special in reserve.

7. Dennis Cole says:

I gotta admit, I never thought that Californyaduh would be in this sad shape, but I suppose we don’t have any kind of a lock on luck, or even an educated avoidance system, because Phase 1 still hasn’t peaked yet, although some areas are plateauing.

It’s mos def the Bars, and we are as addicted to our Bar Culture as ANY state out there. And now, in order to stay open as much as possible, hundreds and hundreds are “rebranding & remodeling” to include Food Service, which is the current “workaround.” Call yourself a Restaurant, serve up some food, and let the liquor flow freely!

There’s just SO much to see and do here, that the natives get restless, and insist on going out & about, while, since we ARE a world-famous tourist destination, many of THEM refuse to stay away, and the poor cops are outnumbered and unable to keep up, and enforce compliance, even with fines rising to ruinous proportions.

8. Dennis Cole says:

Sort of an actual quote, from a mom who was interviewed at a coastal campsite:

“When your family usually goes camping 3 or 4 times a year, and suddenly they’re telling you can’t anymore, then that just gets so frustrating that we had to go out and find a spot, even it’s just the once. We can’t live without our camping trips…”

9. Captain Fantastic says:

American politicians need to immediately petition the ICC @ the Hague for prosecution of Trump and his administration for genocide against the American people by it’s Executive Branch.

Additionally, the UN should unanimously sanction Russia back into the 19th century.

150,000 dead Americans cry out for justice from their graves.

Captain –

The United States Senate did not ratify the treaty for the International Court, and sadly we cannot participate.

I wish we could, but we cannot.

• Dennis Cole says:

Cap – I’d like to see a global response, led by the UN, one giving the tRump administration 7 days to vacate, and relinquish the reins to an independent committee comprised of our most valued allies – the UK, the entirety of the EU, and the rest of the “G-7.” Otherwise, an occupying army formed from those same countries will arrive and, in conjunction with our military, oust them.

10. Infidel753 says:

This bears out what I’ve been saying for months — Red America and Blue America are separate, mutually-hostile nations, and for us this is not a government but an enemy occupation.

• Dennis Cole says:

And I’ve been saying that the culmination will be armed conflict; there’s just no other way around it – unless the Military steps in, saying, “Enough is enough. Out you go, lil donny.”

I doubt if it erupts into a full-blown Civil War 2.0, but once it gets vicious enough, the Military will HAVE to intervene.

11. Perturbation says:

You know, I suspected way back then that, aside from his bottomless laziness, Trump might not have cared to do anything about the pandemic because hey it’s just people in Blue States so whatever…

But it hadn’t occurred to me that the discussion inside the White House had been this explicit. Obviously after 3 1/2 years I still don’t fully grasp the immorality and depravity of these people, because every time I think I loathe Donald Trump as much as I could possibly loathe anyone, he finds a way to squeeze juuuuuuust a little more loathing out of me.

Well, that certainly backfired on them. Too bad they are incapable of learning from their mistakes. NEXT!!

13. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

The thing about waging biological warfare is that you can’t contain the bioweapons. Florida, Georgia, Arizona… you’re just ‘collateral damage’ in Dotard’s war on the Blue States.

14. HarpoSnarx says:

May this evil family and enablers end up like the Ceaușescus . . .

15. Pingback: Is There A Doctor In The House? | Mock Paper Scissors