WOW!

He’s proving what I’ve long thought: Skateboarding should be an Olympic sport.

And in related news, yesterday I tripped on a crack in the sidewalk. Winning!

This entry was posted in sports. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to WOW!

1. sos says:

Don’t flatter yourself Tengrain, anybody can trip on a crack on a sidewalk. I have it by impeccable sources LDN can’t walk down a ramp without a General’s assistance. Now that (in addition to basic cognitive function) is something to brag on.

2. julesmomcat says:

AWESOME!

3. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I kept waiting for Tonya Harding to run out and kneecap him.

• you missed the obvious one “Waiting for Tony Hawk to run out an kneecap him”

(not really…Tony is an amazingly cool dude, who has to put up with an endless procession of strangers who tell him he “looks like an old version of Tony Hawk” and ” It must be cool to have the same name as that famous skateboard guy” )

• sos says:

Go go Gillooly!

4. I remember my first skateboard. It had a label on it “Sidewalk Surfboard” and had metal wheels. running into a teensy piece of gravel was sufficient to teach you a very fine and painful physics lesson about coefficient of friction, mass and momentum.

It was much like one of these https://i.pinimg.com/originals/84/4a/59/844a59ecdb285a595e802f998e532f12.jpg

• Karla says:

That’s what mine looked like. It didn’t say “roller derby” but that was the exact shape.

• Dennis Cole says:

I was a certified Catholic Altar-boy Old-school Original Gangsta; we couldn’t afford no fancy-schmancy store-bought skateboards, NO! So what we did was the roam the far-off neighborhoods at night, (so as not to arouse suspicions in our own,) sneaking out after we were assured everyone else was asleep, and we would steal other kid’s roller skates off of their front porches and MAKE our own, individual, hand-crafted skateboards, using cast-off lumber we would scrounge from construction sites, and attaching just the metal wheels to the wood. Using nails, or screws, or whichever combination was available.
      And this was in ~Petaluma, CA, in the 60s~, a town with more steep, death-dealing hills than the fabled City of Rome, and if you’re curious enough, you can take a gander via Google Earth, but if you trust me, ( and I know most of you do,) we had some SERIOUS Guardian Angelship going on, since hardly anybody ever got more than scrapes and scratches, Abrasions & Contusions.(My favorite garage band at the time.)
      We also made “street-luges” before they were a Thing, using similar techniques and materials, but it took so much effort, and used up a good 7 – 8 skateboard’s worth of wheels, and wood, the “solo-skateboarder” was where it was at.

AND we were Republicans. NOT Rethuglicons, but Barry AuH2O Repubs, admirers of Dwight D as well, besides. Livin that good ol’ Middle-class American Dream. How my parents were able to raise ten of us will always blow my mind.

~ Remember “American Graffiti?”~

5. donnah says:

Here’s how old I am: I had a skateboard when I was a teenager and it was a wooden deck with metal wheels. And I’m pretty sure I did a couple of those moves, only I was in the act of falling off of it.

6. Bruce388 says:

Just another guy doing things with his feet that I can’t do with my hands.