Trump-Virus Update

Deadly distractions

Prznint Stupid has canceled the Jacksonville, Floriduh portions of the GOP convention, knowing no one would show up citing the importance of keeping people safe. Trump said he would deliver a campaign speech in a different form. We’re hoping for interpretive dance.

“I looked at my team, and I said the timing for this event is not right, just not right with what’s happened recently. The flare-up in Florida to have a big convention is not the right time. It’s really something that for me, I have to protect the American people. That’s what I’ve always done. That’s what I always will do. That’s what I’m about.”

And Eiron, the Goddess of Irony, blushed. You don’t have to be a goddess to know that what really drove Prznint Stupid’s decision is that the optics of being nominated at an unattended convention with what few attendees present are distanced and wearing masks was untenable. Presumably there was also some concern that it would be a super-spreader event, but I’m convinced Lord Damp Nut was more worried about being exposed hisself, like some common cafeteria worker.

A pair of cafeterias regularly used by White House staff members were closed this week after a person tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, a Government Services Administration spokesperson told The Hill…

The White House performed contact tracing and determined that the risk of transmission was low, the spokesperson said.

We note that the 4th Reich has pushed to block money for testing and tracing from being included in the next coronavirus relief package. Goose/Gander, rinse and repeat.

But good news! The CDC has changed their guidelines to encourage schools to open per normal, so you know, too dangerous for The 4th Reich’s convention and full-steam ahead for infecting children and teachers. We note that Barron Trump’s school will not re-open. How convenient.

Meanwhile, the number of Trump-Virus cases in the U.S. passed four million on Thursday.

We went from three million confirmed infections to four million in just 16 days.

The average number of new cases is now rising by about 2,600 every hour, the highest rate in the world, which is American Exceptionalism right there, baby.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, Pandemics, Trump Crime Family. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Trump-Virus Update

1. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I swear, he’s got the COVID-19, but all of his STDs have combined with his daily drug cocktails to somehow protect his corpulence from exhibiting symptoms.

2. Stony Pillow says:

The 7-day rolling average for number of new cases per day seems to have plateaued, for no reason except that COVID-19 is tired and needs to give us a break. The transfer of case reporting and data from the CDC to TeleTracking Technologies, a small private company whose actual ownership is shrouded in layers of aquisitions and buybacks, obviously has absolutely nothing to do with this unexplainable flattening of the curve.

Should be interesting to see what happens to the fatality rate in two weeks.

The best use of $10.2 million ever. Time to declare victory and go home.

3. w3ski4me says:

There are still rabid deniers of COVID 19, and it’s almost funny at this point. Just what kind of a fool doesn’t believe in this deadly virus? They even chose to deny the stats as if that alone makes it a nothing burger. People that know maybe 20 people that are all local to them and have the nerve to say “no one I know has gotten it”. We are fighting national stupidity as well as a virus and I think we are losing to the stupids. The virus, we could beat.
    w3ski

Please tell me the delegates are not voting via mail, email or computer. No telling who they would wind up with for a candidate if they went that route. No. Yes?

5. Bruce388 says:

Barron’s school closing is a complete coincidence.
    1. Lord Dampnut doesn’t know he has a son named Barron.
    2. Lord Dampnut doesn’t give a shit about Barron or anyone not named Ivanka.

6. Infidel753 says:

I’d like to see him fart the speech in Morse code.