How to Win

This is pretty good. There’s a point in this nearly 10-minute video where he warns you that you are about to gasp. I gasped. The implication of what Beau says is staggering because it is probably true: we are an occupied country.

Thanks Scissorhead MDavis, a lot to think about here.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Black Lives Matter, White Punks on Dope. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to How to Win

1. Man when he hit ‘Hearts and Minds’ I knew EXACTLY what he was talking about. I wonder how long it’ll be before trump get his very own Lt Calley?

Because the guns ARE out.

2. Chris Papalia says:

Outstanding.

3. Dennis Cole says:

I made it ti the 2:36 mark, which is the longest I could bear, ever, to watch this guy. The way his gaze keeps wandering around, and the slow, almost-whispered voice, with its singular cadence is just too annoying. He takes forever to get to the point, and his spiel might work better if it wasn’t being recorded in his garage.

At least Trey mixes up his locations, using both indoor and outdoor backdrops. It’s just hard to take the guy seriously, without at least a slight effort at appearing somewhat qualified and professional.
    Anyone know his CVs?

• Stony Pillow says:

Google is both your friend and mine. I had been meaning to look it up myself.

Apparently his name is Justin King. No CV, mysterious origin story. Here’s an intro article from Medium:
      View at Medium.com

Also apparently he’s a veteran of a fledgling website that doesn’t seem to have reached maturity:

Here’s a Reddit thread of someone asking the same question we were asking — Justin responded:

And here’s his Twitter account:

We’re getting closer to having to game out how to extract Trump and his Trumpanzees from the White House after they lose the election. We’d better have a plan before November 4th. I think it’s very helpful to listen to the viewpoints of people who have a different relationship to power than most of us. Keeps us from forgetting the obvious.

Hey, I agree with your critique of his style. Every word. But he also seems honest and accessible. If he’s talking about something I’m not interested in or he seems to have lost the thread, he won’t mind if I dump the tab.

• Dennis Cole says:

Stony – thank you so much for doing the due diligence I was too lazy to do, which is somewhat out of character for me. It’s just lately, I’ve undergone another “stress-test” applied by The Universe, in order to get my attention fully-focused on my health, and my attempts to stay in a good way. Trying trials get very tiresome.

And I’ve read WAY too many Murder Mysteries, and Whodunnits, and Novels of Suspense to not know that trained interrogators are trained to watch for specific body and eye-movements, which can indicate that a “suspect” is fidgety for a reason, i. e., he’s dissembling at best, out-and-out lying at bester.

I just get a creepy feeling he’s probly a really smart guy with an underlying agenda, and that twinkle in his eye is kinda daring us to discover just exactly what that is, because he’s left a trail of “droppings” even a blind man could follow.

I just gotta go with my gut, when it tells me over and over, “Uh-uh. Red flag! Full stop!” Every time I see and listen.

So, again – to each her own. And if there are any Maverick’s fans out there, they got together (again,) and cut an album specifically for the Pandemic End Times, and they’re playing select cuts for free on YouTube this weekend, before it goes on sale.

• Dennis Cole says:

Sirius, I salute you. More info freely given that I was too lazy to unearth, you and Stony Pillow. Thanks again, coz my curiosity was piqued, but just not quite enough, IYKWIM,

Anybody else here think he’s the mild-mannered alter-ego of JACK FUCKIN REACHER!!!1!?!?!?!?!?!

Think about it……..Lee Child certainly wasn’t writing about himself…..

• spotthedog says:

Picture of him shaking hands with Oliver North – unfortunately that kills my interest.
        I once worked with a guy, ex-military, who viewed and discussed everything about our work in terms of a military mission perspective, that’s sort of the vibe I get from the guy in the video. I imagine there’s manuals for everything, probably a manual for how to tie your shoe laces.

• purplehead says:

Ugh. With Oliver North. I agree with spotthedog. Unless that was an “ironic” photo, but I don’t think this guy understands Eiron. He sounds like the World’s Foremost Authoritah.

Purplehead –

I think he sounds like someone who’s come out the other side of authoritarianism. He understands it and is giving a warning, not an endorsement.

• MDavis says:

I know what you mean about trying to listen to him. It was a while before I was able or willing to listen through an entire Beau piece.
      I compare it to Maddow with her 20 minutes minimum or Wonkette, where they slip news in between snark and dick jokes. You may have to adjust to the style in order to get something out of it.
      I, too, like Trey’s style, but Beau aka Justin also gets me to think about things differently.
      But if you don’t like listening to the guy, just pass on the video.
      BTW, it seems his choice of shirts is part of his message – he always wears that Curious George hat. I wondered about his shirt for this one so here’s the full quote:
      “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable.”

DC –

I’m not a big fan of presentation either, so I try to stick to message. His messages are very clearly warnings, and the structure of them is a lot like an O’Henry short story with a plot-twist reveal at the end.

I’m not a huge fan, but I found this one interesting and compelling enough to repost it.

If LDN won’t read the pandemic manual, he sure as hell won’t read the insurrection manual either. He would rather be on person woman man camera TV shoveling shit.

5. MDavis says:

Ten, all those jokes about infrastructure week? It’s actually kind of important that they never actually do/finish the jobs. I haven’t heard about a bridge falling down lately, and I can’t imagine why. I have, more than once, been plenty disgruntled about the news that the military was overseas doing something for some poor, abused country, wondering why we couldn’t get any of that sweet, sweet, infrastructure improvement and schools support.
    You weren’t in Washington then, but just after 911, before they had even settled on the name, someone asked Patty Murray why those no good, very bad Middle Easterners wouldn’t turn in bin Laden so that we could take our revenge on him. She pointed out that he wasn’t bombing them, he was getting roads built for them, he was getting schools set up, they weren’t going to turn in one of the few people that was actually helping them.
    She got panned, she got slammed people accused her of supporting terrorism. It was nuts! All she did was point out that he wasn’t bombing those people, he was helping them when it seemed no one else would and she was made out to be some sort of demon. And now I wonder if that attitude wasn’t supported, in part, because that administration didn’t want to waste any treasure on taking care of it’s own people citizens. They can pony up when it is important enough. So how about now? Are American citizens important enough?

6. Richard Portman says:

I don’t know what to think about this guy. I mostly agree with what he says. But ……

7. Reblogged this on silverapplequeen and commented:

I don’t usually watch videos or listen to podcasts but this is WORTH EVERY MINUTE.

8. Diane says:

I’ve been watching his videos for the past week or so. He’s interesting. I like how Beau talks about building up instead of tearing down. Robert Reich has been writing about the same thing, social control or social investment.