It’sa Q-Spiracy I Tells Ya (Part Infinity)

The Q-Masterpiece
(hat tip: @drskyskull on the Twitters)

Well, this ought to get all the Q-spiracy Theorists talking!

Twitter bans 7,000 QAnon accounts, limits 150,000 others as part of broad crackdown

The company will classify QAnon as coordinated harmful activity in part because of a rise in harassment targeting high-profile critics of the president.

Twitter announced Tuesday that it has begun taking sweeping actions to limit the reach of QAnon content, banning many of the conspiracy theory’s followers because of problems with harassment and misinformation.

Twitter will stop recommending accounts and content related to QAnon, including material in email and follow recommendations, and it will take steps to limit circulation of content in features like trends and search. The action will affect about 150,000 accounts, said a spokesperson, who asked to remain unnamed because of concerns about the targeted harassment of social media employees.

The Twitter spokesperson also said the company had taken down more than 7,000 QAnon accounts in the last couple weeks for breaking its rules against platform manipulation, spam or ban evasion.

Just as the old joke about lawyers, it’s a start.

We note that so far, Facebook has taken no similar steps, and in fact continues to be a seething hotbed of unbridled passion, er, Q-spiracy. You know the ad we mentioned in an earlier post? Facebook ran that ad. So much for their fact-checking.

UPDATE 1: QAnon’s Madness Is Turning Canadians Into Potential Assassins. The world’s most polite assassins, I’m sure. Can assassins be passive-aggressive?

This entry was posted in Facebook or Faceberg, Instagram, Our Failed Social Media, Q-spiracy, Social Media, Twitter. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to It’sa Q-Spiracy I Tells Ya (Part Infinity)

I suppose we’ll have to wait until 01/21/21 before they ban Trump.

2. Dennis Cole says:

I’ve tailored my ad preferences on my FB Home Page, and whittled them down, parsing to the bone, objecting to everything objectionable, so now I get NO more political ads, which is how I musta missed that one. And no, I don’t care to see it.

The thing I learned about FB is they have the tools you can use to custom-fit your experiences there, but it takes a gawd-awful length of time to “train” their pet algorithms to your ~satisfaction. But by now, I can say I’ve never experienced some of the horrors I hear about, and I have a lot of fun with it, me and my friends, because of this whole new “grouping game” they’ve got going. It’s really difficult for an “outsider,” or “outlier” to troll us, although it’s not impossible, by any means.

~And notice I didn’t say complete.

• MDavis says:

~ = approximate in the lexicon I use. Yeah, I noticed.

• Dennis Cole says:

MD – I have a lot of fun on FB, otherwise I wouldn’t belong. It serves its true purpose well – to help people re-establish or even forge new relationships, perhaps with forgotten friends, that, when remembered, bring joy, and to provide a place for like-minded people to share ideas and hopes and aspirations, and funny memes, all of which are a BIG part of my day; I literally can’t imagine my life without it – I would literally die from boredom. And all my friends would miss me, as they’ve declared when I’ve been sent to FB’s hoosegow for a “Time-out.”

To each her own, I say…

3. I manage FB by completely ignoring their ads and my front page and all that crap. I follow a few friends’ posts and the rest of it just burbles along completely un-noticed.

Dog only konws what they think I am….

4. osirisopto says:

How! Dare! They!

How dare they violate the first amendment privileges of all those anonymous whack-jobs?

What’s next? Goons grabbing people off the street? Gassing crowds? Killing unarmed civilians?

5. Parfigliano says:

I manage FB buy never having joined.

6. sos says:

Like the Q-spiracy Theorists ever stop talking.