Because We Love A Good Apology

Building a Better Vocabularly

GOP congressman apologizes for confronting Ocasio-Cortez but denies profanity

Rep. Yoho (R-FL) is on tape calling AOC a eff’ing bitch.

“I rise to apologize for the abrupt manner of the conversation I had with my colleague from New York. It is true that we disagree on policies and visions for America, but that does not mean we should be disrespectful,” Yoho said in a rare floor speech to address a personal matter with another lawmaker.

and now the apology:

“The offensive name-calling words attributed to me by the press were never spoken to my colleagues, and if they were construed that way, I apologize for their misunderstanding,” Yoho said.

That eff’ing bitch AOC responds:

Ocasio-Cortez later said the apology was inadequate, noting that Yoho was deflecting the blame and refusing to apologize for what he said to her.

“I will not teach my nieces and young people watching that this an apology, and what they should learn to accept. Yoho is refusing responsibility,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote on Twitter.

Good for her!

What is it about Family Values Republicans that not only call colleagues eff’ing bitches, but then cannot apologize for calling them eff’ing bitches. I don’t think that they are sincere, you know?

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Because We Love A Good Apology

1. “I didn’t say it to her face so I don’t HAVE to apologize for nuttin’! NYAH! THBBBBBT!”*

Then he continued sitting on the floor of the kindergarten class eating paste…

2. donnah says:

Racist, misogynist, asshole-in-general. And after insulting her, he is shamed into a classic non-apology. Stay classy, Republicans!

3. YellowDog says:

When will one of these weasels have the courage to say “I’m not sorry. I was forced to make this apology, but I don’t mean it.” I would have respect for that.

4. beckymaenot says:

Nearly every day Republicans are finding new ways to show us what assholes they are. I continue to be impressed by AOC’s dignity and willingness to fight for the women of America. I love that my granddaughters have someone like AOC to look up to and learn from. She not only shows us what a strong, educated woman can accomplish- but also shows us how to stand up for ourselves and not accept disrespect from those around us, be they men or otherwise.

5. spotthedog says:

I dare to predict this moment marks the high point of Yoyo’s fame.

And what, pray effing tell, is effing Rep. Yoho (R-Yo Yo) effing vision for effing Murka?

Also, I didn’t say that and if you construed it that way, I effing apologize not. So there. Neener neener neener.

7. R White says:

Another fatuous and insincere non-apology apology. Somewhere Newt Gingrich had developed a boner and doesn’t know why while Calista seems to need new batteries…

8. lauraaura says:

Dragging his wife and daughters into the worslike thing he hopes passes as an apology just dials the misogyny right on up to 11.
    I suspect this is not his first dick move.