Ohio House Speaker Broke The GOP Prime Directive

Now try getting out of the tree.

he got caught:

Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder (R) and four others were arrested on Tuesday on charges stemming from a $60 million bribery case brought by U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Ohio David DeVillers.

Why it matters: It’s likely the “largest bribery, money-laundering scheme ever perpetrated against the people of the state of Ohio,” DeVillers said at a press conference.

Details: According to an 80-page criminal complaint unsealed Tuesday, a dark-money “enterprise” received millions of dollars from March 2017 to March 2020 “in exchange for Householder’s and the enterprise’s help in passing House Bill 6, a billion-dollar bailout that saved two failed, Ohio nuclear power plants from closing.”

But wait! It gets dumber!

• The four additional men arrested include Householder adviser Jeffrey Longstreth, lobbyist Neil Clark, former Ohio Republican Party chair Matthew Borges and co-founder of The Oxley Group Juan Cespedes.
  • Householder and his associates made incriminating statements about their illegal activities in meetings with undercover agents. More arrests are expected, according to DeVillers.

Have they learned NOTHING from Lord Damp Nut? Talk in code, plausible deniability, you stupid tools!

The ignorance of the modern Republican is stunning.

This entry was posted in Grifters Gotta Grift, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, People Dumber than Dolphins, Wingnuttia. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Ohio House Speaker Broke The GOP Prime Directive

1. Dennis Cole says:

RESTUMBLICANS! Trippin heavy, dudes and dudettes! I think their punishment should be having them ingest the MKUltra “electric koolaid,” followed by enforced watching of the poor immigrant kids in cages at the border. FOR LIFE! (Or at least until Biden’s elected, and the kids go cage-free.)

And if that has no effect, I say put ’em on the next one-way rocket to Jupiter.

2. Billy “Low” Barr stomping in to fuck this up in 3…2…1

1000 quatloos this case turns up vanishing into the ether as this USA just violated to top DOJ commandment: “Thou shall not indict a Republican!”

Followed soon by a TrumpTwat railing against the Violent Antifa Anarchists who are Getting RId of our Beautiful Coal Fired Nuclear Plants! The Beautiful ones we Won WWII with!!!

Maybe not, but I’m cynical enough at this point do not entirely discount the idea. We’re in the WORST timeline…

I bet they forgot to give Lord Damp Nut the cream off the top. Barr will disabuse them of their negligence and off them a chance to right things with Da Boss.

3. When I saw the image, I thought maybe this would be story about “Horton Hatches a Who.”

4. donnah says:

Jesus Christ, Ohio! You keep embarrassing me!

• MDavis says:

What’s that motto that keeps me going? Something like “At least we are not Mississippi.”

• Dennis Cole says:

MD – I just now caught this

Breaking Newz!
        Walmart has just announced that due to the pandemic’s effect on the Economy, and as an aid to overall “Public Health,” they will be opening low-cost Dental Clinics much like their Optometry and Urgent Care Dept’s. And throughout the Midwest and Deep South, they will even be including an “Express Lane” for people with 12 teeth or fewer. Or less.

• MDavis says:

Ha ha. And it’s fewer, even for a joke. That joke will get fewer laughs in some venues than in others.

• beckymaenot says:

Actually MD- that’s our motto here in Georgduh.

• MDavis says:

The motto here in Nevada is, literally, “Battle Born”, so your motto is probably better. Battle Born is like a constant reminder that Nevada could have been a slave state, but they cut a deal so they could be a brothel state instead. If I have the story correct.

• Dennis Cole says:

MD – regarding your final say-so, about state slogans; it’s either about the Money, or the Sex, or a combo thereof, often with illicit substances playing a backup role.

And I believe it’s the wrong kind of dirt for growing cotton, there in NV, which means they would have had to import lotsa dirt as well as the hired help, er, slaves besides.
        Yes, they made the right choice, and there wasn’t all that much blood shed or spread, in the “battle for statehood.”

• MDavis says:

Sorry, what “battle for statehood” are you referring to?

5. Dennis Cole says:

MD – please disregard that entire comment; I was under the influence of a slight overdose of my pain meds. Which I am totally allowed to do, as there is a lower-to-upper range as far as a “typical dose” goes, my pain levels vary from day to day, and even minute-to-minute. So, my Dr encourages me to take as much as I need to, within limits, or course. And I also have Narcan, just in case I start “Slippin into darkness.”