These People are Morlocks

Come here often?

Digby linked to this ugly story from The Salt Lake Tribune:

Provo • As she walked up to the podium to speak, one of the moms grabbed a face mask and spit her gum out into it. “It’s garbage,” she shrugged, wadding it up. “It doesn’t work anyway. Not for me and not for my kids.”

A dad who spoke after her said he, too, doesn’t think the masks are effective, and said he’s pulling his kids out of school this fall if the state doesn’t lift its mandate requiring all K-12 students to wear a face covering. Another mother carried her 4-year-old son in her arms, noting there’s no way he would keep one on in his kindergarten class — but she thinks they’re stupid anyway, regardless of age.

Thanks to his ineptitude, Prznint Stupid has infected the country with his lack of concern for our survival, in so far as he thinks it will get him re-elected (and yes, I know that he was the loser of the popular vote in 2016).

Masks and distancing are now part of the Culture Wars to the point that the unfailingly polite Mormons are now joining the sneering lemming-like suicide pact.

And then we turn our attention to Georgia (the state) where Governor Kemp (who likewise stole his election) has ordered it illegal for cities and counties to demand citizens wear masks:

We’re never going to get this thing under control.

This entry was posted in Distancing, Flush The Toilet Properly, masks, Pandemics, Shelter-in-Place, Shut Yo Mouth Fools, Wash Yo Hands Fools. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to These People are Morlocks

1. Kemp and the others are fully fucking aware that the dusky hordes are the most affected by the pandemic, so far. His is abso-fucking-lutely a genocidal attempt at voter supression, banking that more D voters will get sick and die before November.

He belongs in the docket at the Hague.

…I’m easy.

[Tengrain was here! Too specific, BDR, as much as I agree with you. –TG]

• R White says:

Oh, no doubt about it. Kemp is one of those angry redneck assholes who suffers from Dunning-Krueger and thinks that no one will remember what he previously said or did which continually makes him look unfit for office.

• Dennis Cole says:

Is it time to break out the “Majik Fire-launching Stix?”

• Fair point TG. This is your joint, your rules and I’ll abide, but I’m getting toweringly furious at these Republicans just openly, knowingly and knowing we know-ingly (is too a word!) imposing their murderous fascist boots on those they deem unworthy.

These are not ignorant or stupid people, as much as they play one on teevee. They are monsters with souls like a cesspool of rotting bodies boiling with maggots.

The measure of their arrogant, monstrous, depraved evil is that they know full well they’re committing evil acts and they don’t care that we know that as well.

They take pleasure in shoving it in our faces, confident that we’re powerless to stop what they’re doing. All for their bottomless greed and lust for power.

Like that fellow monster Chauvin, they’re nonchalantly putting their hands in their pockets and joking while their knees are on all our necks.

• MDavis says:

I may be acquiring dyslexia.
        I read that “monsters with souls like a carpool of rotting bodies” at first.
        New reading issues, this’ll make my life more interesting. Just what I Effin needed. More interesting-ness.

2. Dennis Cole says:

Seems I was taught in Civics class (yes, I know: Ancient History was the other title,) that in the event of a Public Health crisis or emergency, Public Health officials have the final say on public conduct, with ALL other elected or appointed officials respondent to their orders.
    And with the CDC “switchboard” shut down, Team tRump has exclusive control over the data being sent by hospitals all across the country, which is how they got around the fed mandate that hospitals submit such info to the CDC; they still are, but it’s being blocked at the website, while getting forwarded to the White House, which will then disseminate it at their leisure. If at all.

Or, (surprise, surprise!) the numbers start looking really, really rosy, and the worst is behind us, we’ve conquered it, so get those kids ready for a premature return to school!

• sos says:

A quote. A quote:
      Kayleigh McEnany: ‘Science Should Not Stand in the Way’ of Reopening Schools’

and … scene.

• spotthedog says:

Without science there would have been no Breaking Bad, not to mention the countless creations and innovations from scientific minds that have benefited humankind for I don’t know maybe the past few thousand years or so. But Kayleigh is a Harvard grad and I not, so okay.

SOS was NOT kidding! Raggedy Anthrax really said that.

• FELINE MAMA says:

“Science should NOT stand in the way of opening schools ( er, keeping the chillens/teachers safe, she sez out loud in her quiet voice) YEP!! There it is!!!

3. Redhand says:

One word: Jonestown.

• osirisopto says:

Yeeeeessssss… eventually they will thin the heard to near extinction. Then even the Dems will be able to win an election.

• Redhand says:

You know, the horrifying thing is that a dramatic percentage of our population really does have this death cult mentality. WTF happened to us as a nation and people? I guess this is the ultimate outcome when tribalism trumps (pun intended) science, but it makes us appear like freaks on the international stage. The loss of lives we experience will be matched by the loss of respect we suffer internationally. We are quickly becoming a pathetic joke on the world stage. Hell, we can’t even travel to most of the world because this is so out of control.

• osirisopto says:

I blame jeebus and the fundajelicals.

Much worse than helter skelter on brown acid.

O – that strain of nutty Xristian theocracy/fundamentalism is baked into the loaf.

We will never be rid of it.

4. Nangleator says:

We really have to make “not running into large tornadoes” a liberal thing. Get Obama and Hillary to state it dourly and hourly. Have Hollywood celebrities filed NOT running into large tornadoes, etc.

5. Dennis Cole says:

“Sometimes the best maps will not guide, you;
    You can’t see what’s round the bend.
    Sometimes the road leads to dark places;
    Sometimes the darkness is your friend…”

https://youtu.be/AR7DYF7WS0o Sooooo soothing…

• I had never heard the original, it IS my favorite track in Jimmy Buffet’s album “Beach House on the Moon”. (which itself is one of my favorite Jimmy Buffet albums, tied only with, uh, [checks notes] every other one I own 🙂

• Dennis Cole says:

I hope you watched the vid; Bruce is amazing, and I count myself lucky for the times I’ve seen him live in concert.

6. FELINE MAMA says:

Damn, that morlock looks like Benedict (actually, I need to start referring to “IT” as Being-a Dick) , except he’s let his hair grow out. Melanoma isn’t going to like THAT action ! She’s probably thinking, “he never massages me that way) !!”

7. Perturbation says:

A couple days ago on NPR there was a report on the fact that Los Angeles and San Diego have decided not to open schools for in-person classes at all in the fall but to go to on-line only instruction, but Orange County CA decided to open all schools for in-person classes with no masks or social distancing. They interviewed someone from the Orange County school board, and after she claimed that there’s no science to prove that masks and social distancing aren’t harmful to child development and the interviewer batted that down, she retreated and said they hadn’t required masks or social distancing because “There’s no way to ensure 100% compliance.”

Oh OK, so we can’t ensure kids will wear masks or try to practice good hygiene at every moment of the day, so we’re not even going to ask them to. And I’m sure these are the same people who say that criminals by definition don’t obey laws and so no gun law is a good gun law, and it’s not a coincidence.

(And yet I’m also sure these are the same people who, because many people don’t obey drug laws, advocate increasingly draconian punishments up to and including the death penalty for third-strike drug possession offenders.)

• osirisopto says:

Orange County has some pretty nice and big houses. Maybe we could pool our money and pick one up cheap if we. Offer to bury the bodies?

I’ve got first dibs on the master suite.

Also…Yes, let’s open all the schools with no masks and no social distancing. But, don’t even think about registering your child if they’re not current on their shots.

9. MDavis says:

Wasn’t there a Supreme Court decision supporting the State’s right to protect all citizens by asking for concessions from all citizens that make them safer? I don’t remember where I saw it…

10. paul fredine says:

meanwhile, must we be reminded that most of these anti-maskers like kemp proudly declare that they are ‘pro-life’? would like to say that includes anti-vaxxers but i can’t confirm that so let’s just say the two groups together belong to the group that should be known as the terminally ignorant.