Some Shenanigans, Special Delivery

(h/t Scissorhead Bruce388)

New Postmaster General and long-time Trump psychophant Louis DeJoy ordered USPS employees to leave mail behind at the processing centers. DeJoy said that the service needed to cut costs and so to get the carriers out on the road, even if their bags and trucks were not full.

Tomorrow, it seems, is another day.

The goal clearly seems to be multi-fold: 1) To make the public have less faith in the USPS  and B) to prepare for those mail-in ballots to be late for counting in the 2020 Goat Rodeo.

Oh, here’s an update: After I sent both my senators a letter asking for them to support the USPS, I got a form letter from Sen. Patty Murray via… email. Sen. Maria Cantwell never replied. Murray’s form letter remarkably did not include the words Postal Service.

(I’m sure that Scissorheads will weigh-in on schemes to privatize USPS, but I don’t see how this is part of that. )

This entry was posted in Save the USPS. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Some Shenanigans, Special Delivery

1. donnah says:

I would buy those stamps by the roll.

2. Redhand says:

They must stay up nights trying to dream up new ways of destroying the govt. they are supposed to manage. Getting rid of this band of incompetent and malicious malfeasors can’t come fast enough.

• Diane says:

This has been a RWNJ goal since forever. Guess who owns stock in Fed Ex and UPS. His nickname begins with Moscow.

Malicious Malfeasors was the name of my Peaches and Herb cover band!

• Dennis Cole says:

I was in another cover band in my formative years that called ourselves, “The Strolling Clones.”

You’ll never inna gazillion years guess Who’s songs we covered. (swidt?)

3. MaxK says:

Will FedEx “frank” Congressional mail for free?

4. Buttermilk Sky says:

This must have something to do with LDN’s hatred of Amazon. I’m just not seeing it yet.

• Dennis Cole says:

Buttermilk – he’s constantly complained that Amazon – and thus Bezos – get a special deal on pkg deliveries, making it hard for “the other guys” to compete.
      He has a really hard time with the “non-profit,” “not-for-profit,” and Gov’t entities that are prohibited from making a profit, besides, as well.

5. MDavis says:

That’s good for a fine or up to five years (“… unlawfully… detains [or] delays…” mail delivery) or a fine or up to one year (for delaying newspaper or allowing someone to open mail to someone else – with exception for the office personnel tasked with that)
    I wonder if that is per item, ” letter, postal card, package, bag, or mail “? Surely one order doesn’t count the same as hundreds of items of mail.
    No wonder postal workers are not real happy about this. You just know that if it blows up in their faces and is prosecuted, they’ll be the fall guys, not that DeJoy guy.

6. The Match says:

“senator” Cantwell is a useless lump. She’s the Susan Collins of the democratic party. But without Susan’s passion.

I think that both of WA senators are pretty useless. And yet, no one seems to want to challenge them from the left.

7. julesmomcat says:

“to prepare for those mail-in ballots to be late for counting in the 2020 Goat Rodeo” – Hubs and I (masked and gloved, of course!) will personally deliver our mail-in ballots to our local Election Commission office.