Burning the Lifeboats

This is so good; it’s like Colbert listened to all of us.

(Hat tip: Scissorhead Perturbation)

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Burning the Lifeboats

1. Richard Portman says:

I don’t have heart for snark today. I want to see that criminal dead. I’m tired of that thing. I’m tired of the whole show.

2. YellowDog says:

Wilson is too smart to be a useful idiot; but, for now, he’s ratfucking the right people. But I have no illusions about who he will be ratfucking when there is an opportunity to make a buck.

3. StringOnAStick says:

I’m sending this link to my very left friends who have been donating to the Lincoln Project because they make the sort of bomb throwing ads that they insist the D’s should be making, failing to notice just how much the MSM would go scorched (er) earth on the D’s if they did so Thanks for the link; I rarely see Colbert because we’re the opposite of nightowls.

4. Mile Mannered Reporter says:

Here’s a thought: why don’t we finish the fight against the Existential Threat before we start taking shots at people in the foxhole with us?

• sos says:

I would suggest that for roughly the same reason it was … unwise, ultimately, to arm the Taliban.

The nature of a (rat|mother)fvcker is to fvck. Once the (granted) External Threat is driven away I guarantee we will be on the decidedly sub-optimal receiving end of these “comrades”.

In general, I agree MMR. A friend of mine who works in the Emergency Room says, “keep the patient breathing, and everything else follows.” Getting rid of Trump is #1 priority. No argument.

But I like being clear that the NeverTumpers are occupying seats on teevee that a bonafide liberal should have. It’s weird to me that the people who built the monster machine, and we liberals were right when we warned that the monster was going to someday turn on them, we still have no voice in our failed political press.

Once this emergency is over, Rick Wilson will flip back over to the Dark Side and yet, he’ll still have that seat that one of us should have had. And he will rebuild the Republican Party and by golly, the Monster Machine will be back in business.

They are not our friends. Be careful because at the first chance they will return to form, and if you want some proof, the fact Steve Schmidt managed Howard Schultz’ campaign is submitted into evidence.

Regards,

Tengrain

They’ll have that 86% overhead down to 90% in no time.

6. “Twitter texts don’t stay with you forever…”

Pepperidge Farm The Internet Remembers…

7. spotthedog says:

That was very good, some push-back and exposure. I don’t doubt Lincoln Project is playing a long game, they know Trump is a lost cause and they are establishing credibility; “We’re the ones who told you how bad Trump was back before the 2020 election”, and they may just as well use that credibility against Democrats in 2022 and after.

8. MDavis says:

Advice for dem strategists and messagers (?), don’t forget your flak jacket for when they turn on progressives. Be prepared, it could be, literally, any time you don’t expect it.
    Keep a reply handy, that those donations were meant for a particular project for when donations are made public to prove that some people aren’t real progressives because they sent money to Bushies. For example.