As we noted, Willard’s vestigial spine made a guest appearance condemning Comrade Stupid’s commuting the sentence of convicted felon Roger Stone. Sen. Pat Toomey somehow found a bit of spine and opined on the electric teevee machine:
“While I understand the frustration with the badly flawed Russia-collusion investigation, in my view, commuting Roger Stone’s sentence is a mistake. He was duly convicted of lying to Congress, witness tampering, and obstruction of a congressional investigation conducted by a Republican-led committee.”
A pretty mild rebuke, amirite?
Anyway, it was enough for Prznint Stupid to fire the photon torpedoes:
…and predictably not a single other elected Republican in either house have anything negative to say. The Republicans are the party of Law and Order, my pretty pink ass. Absolute crickets.
But then, out of the mist, a single Republican stood up, dusted hisself off, and proudly bellowed sumpin’… stupid:
Meanwhile Axios reports that Roger Stone will be campaigning for Trump in the 2020 Goat Rodeo because sewer water also seeks it’s own level:
Roger Stone told me in a phone interview that he plans to write and speak for President Trump’s re-election now that Stone “won’t die in a squalid hellhole of corona-19 virus.”
- “I’m asthmatic,” said Stone, 67. “Sending me to a prison where I could not be socially distanced … would, I think, be a death sentence.”
Stone said he’ll continue to follow one of his “Stone’s Rules”: “I will do anything necessary to elect my candidate, short of breaking the law.”
- “First, I’m going to write a book about this entire ordeal to, once and for all, put to bed the myth of Russian collusion.”
Gotta get some grifting done first.
Stone flatly predicted Trump will win, despite the bleak outlook:
- “It’ll be a very tough fight. He’s got three obstacles: voter fraud … internet censorship, which I have just recently experienced myself; and, of course, the constant falsehoods being pushed by the corporate-owned mainstream media. Those all make it a difficult race.”
- “But he is a great campaigner. He’s a great communicator.”
When I asked Stone how he can be so sure Trump will win, he said: “I know more about it than anybody else.”
That’s the reason you and Comrade Stupid might eventually share a cell somewhere. But I interrupted. Please continue:
- When I asked what he means, Stone cited his campaign work going back to his hero Nixon in 1968: “Who do you know who’s been through more presidential campaigns than me?”
Stone said he “had no assurances” about the commutation before Trump called his cellphone Friday evening: “But I had prayed fervently, … and I believe the whole matter was in God’s hands and that God would provide. And He did.”
I’m not a theologian, but I have my doubts that Dawg’s ineffable plan involves springing Roger Stone from the ol’ hoosegow so he won’t squeal on how Trump and the Russians worked together on the 2016 Goat Rodeo.
If I were a journalist, I would keep Roger Stone as my top 2020 assignment. He’s a crook and a stooge, but he also is arrogant and stupid. He’s going to return to his exact role as the go-between with Russian Intelligence and Comrade Stupid’s 2020 Campaign. Put Stone in a glass house and watch.