Friday Night Is Always The Night For Corruption News

Jeebus H. Christ:

I’m gonna need a stiff drink before I can comment.

This entry was posted in 4th Reich, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, Roger Stone. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Friday Night Is Always The Night For Corruption News

1. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

He wanted to get the Arch-Scumbag Ratfucker on board in time for his upcoming campaign.

• spotthedog says:

Yeah I’d say Roger the Dodger has some urgent business assignments, but first he’s dropping by a tattoo parlor for some fresh ink, maybe something filled in with orange.

2. julesmomcat says:

Totally predictable. Is Cohen next???

3. Weird Dave says:

To quote somebody or another, “Picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.”

4. sos says:

At least Stoney the pinhead is still and always will be a FELON.
    Commutation << Pardon

SOS –

The one thing to consider here, really, is that with a commutation (and even with a pardon) Stone has no 5th Amendment rights. if called to testify, he cannot demur on the grounds of self incrimination.

• sos says:

Yes and yes. As long as Congress doesn’t fall into the “look forward not backwards” trap. I do believe that in, Oh, say 6 months or so Roger will be the Belle of the Ball AND living in interesting times.

• MDavis says:

I have never really understood why that’s a threat. I mean, as amoral as these mooks are, what’s a little perjury for your meal ticket or your fixer? I’m sure there is some logical reason, but I haven’t been able to figure out why it means anything to have someone like, for example, LDN take an oath swearing that they will till the truth.

5. spotthedog says:

“Hello Central Casting? We need a white elderly cartoonish-ly thuggish villain.”
    Perfect!

6. donnah says:

Well, after the snub from the Supremes, Trump had to say, “nyah nyah, I can too do what I want,” It was his usual thumb in the eye move after being rebuked.

I am perhaps more concerned that Bill “Way Below the” Barr dispatched still another NY attorney, which clears a path for corruption in future Trump criminal cases in NY. Barr is dangerous.

7. osirisopto says:

Stay off of fifth ave.

8. tengrain says:

MDavis –

Because they can send him to prison for obstruction if he refuses to testify.

• MDavis says:

Okay, yeah, but why isn’t Trump there?

• MDavis says:

On further thought…
      I guess they do have lawyers to explain it to them.
      It has always seemed like being told they must not lie just would be like talking to your dog for some of these guys. Sure, dogs know a hundred words or so, more for a lot of them, but when you try to explain calculus to them it all goes pear shaped.
      But, with a lawyer there, it can be broken down into really simple terms. “No! Dog lie = no cookie! Dog lie = go to doggie jail! No!”
      without the lawyer interpretation it seems that they would be completely clueless. Look at Stone just blatantly putting it right out there. Look at Trump allegedly rewarding him.
      So what’s to stop Stone from continuing to lie if he’s called back to testify without the 5th amendment allowing him to not-testify?
      If perjury is that big of a threat, I say he’s another one to watch, right along with Maxwell. He really seems like someone who wouldn’t look a door-to-door perfume salesman in the mouth, IYKWIM.