Classes Warfare!

Making America Dumb Again

The 4th Reich is demanding that K-12 schools to reopen in a raging pandemic, you know, as part of its learn to live with it campaign.

Here’s infamous SAT-cheater Prznint Stupid making a well-reasoned case for reopening schools:

The suck-ups in Floriduh issued an executive order requiring all of Florida’s public schools to fully reopen in August at the same time that they have achieved a new high infection rate of 16.27%. Winning!

And here is a mixed message: Miami-Dade County reimposed public-health restrictions.

In California, dozens of administrators from Santa Clara County (Silicon Valley, me peeps!) had to self-quarantine after attending a school-reopening meeting, because one attendee later tested positive for coronavirus. Oops! Eiron, the Goddess of Irony, is giggling.

Deaths are rising in Floridus, America’s Lab for Bad Policy: Texas, and the Terrible Sand Kingdom of Arizonastan. Our own Scissorhead Tex Betsy tweets:

So of course, Education Secretary Betsy Devos, PhDumb, put educators on blast because “education leaders who won’t accept risk and “gave up and didn’t try” to launch summer instruction.” —

“Education leaders need to examine real data and weigh risk…risk is involved in everything we do, from learning to ride a bike to riding a rocket into space and everything in between,” she said.

Whatevs, toots. Maybe instead of health class, you could offer Bath in the Blood of Christ 101.

But wait! There’s more evil eff’er-y afoot!

ICE announced that international students won’t be allowed to stay in the country if the schools where they’re enrolled hold online-only courses in the fall. Think about that for a moment. Either those students will have to 1) leave the country or B) transfer to schools holding in-person classes and good luck with transferring schools in July; and if they don’t, they could be deported. Somewhere Hair Füror’s pocket Nazi Jason Miller is smiling, probably ghoulishly.

But besides YUGE infection numbers, Republican are stonewalling additional Ameros for state governments and that means that school districts everywhere are facing budget cuts and layoffs. Schools are gonna need to buy expensive protective equipment, and hire nurses, and counselors.

This entry was posted in Betsy 'Special Ed' DeVos, Distancing, education, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, masks, Pandemics, Shelter-in-Place, Shut Yo Mouth Fools, Wash Yo Hands Fools. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Classes Warfare!

1. Making America Great Again, like in the 1850’s…you know, back when the median age on the tombstones was three….

2. osirisopto says:

OK, I’ll weigh the risk… the risk is too high.

Given how few people in Silicon Valley are wearing masks opening the schools had better come with a massive retooling of the health care industry, instead of beds ad blankets they’ll need shrouds and coffins.

I wonder if the coffins in Santa Clara have Bluetooth?

3. Sirius Lunacy says:

4. julesmomcat says:

It’s too bad we cannot move the November election back to , oh, say, 14 July – get rid of Suckface, and under Biden’s leadership, institute common sense policy for dealing with COVID, and save a few thousand more lives.

5. R White says:

I guess it’s too much work for the failed beltway media to ask spanky where is his federal response to combatting this horrible pandemic so as to make school environments safer. It’s obvious that he’s bored dealing with it like so many other presidential tasks. Besides, according to fat nixon & his racist sycophants, if children happen to get sick & die, it’s only “those children” in run down public schools who would eventually end up in prison. FFS

6. glitterbug says:

So if their brilliant plan succeeds and the schools are all opened around Labor Day, the stuff will really hit the fan around mid-October. Heh. Reading a calendar is hard.

Sad so many innocents will suffer or die because of this cult of racist stupidity.

7. w3ski4me says:

So much Winning! Aren’t we Great, yet? We can’t take much more “greatness” than this.
    It was said some time ago and is forever true, that “the GOP health plan is to get sick and die quickly”.
    I’ve read that it might be an actual plot to stop voting in Nov. and I’m not sure I don’t believe that.
    I for one can’t think of a worse way to handle a viral epidemic than the things they are doing now. And, next is to get all the kids sick because they will infect us all. Maybe I read too much science fiction as a kid, but really don’t trust Donny and his “people”.
    I keep waiting for the adult in the room to stand up but I see now they fired all of them some time ago.
    I don’t have school-aged kids at home, but I don’t want my great-grandkids going out in this crap.
    This is some capital F’d up stuff.
    w3ski

8. Dennis Cole says:

Call out the National Guard! Issue them bayonets and rubber bullets, round up them chilluns, and march them off to school, 2 X 2. Then the parents: dads, off to work, surrounded by cops with real bullets, while the moms are forced to go “shopping,” with an armed and armored “aide” to ensure she maxes out her credit cards just for a coupla wks worth of groceries.

tRump WILL get his Economy roaring along again, even if it’s at the point of a loaded, bayoneted weapon.

9. Infidel753 says:

“Riding a rocket into space” actually is pretty dangerous. That’s why we don’t expect 7th-graders to do it on a routine basis.

Even if the schools knuckle under, a lot of parents won’t want to offer up their kids to the covid-19 Moloch. And may not feel much like voting for the people who put them in this position.

Risk is involved in everything we do? WTF! Ask any insurance company or investment banker and they will tell you risk comes at a price. The government spent billions of dollars to make sure John Glenn entered space and returned to earth safely. How much has your department spent on the safety of our children so far that doesn’t ignore the price of the risks, Ms. Betsy? $0 I presume.

11. beckymaenot says:

Every fucking day. Just when I think that I can’t hate Dolt45 even a smidge more- that jackass,that twittering twatwaffle, that shitstain on humanity- steps right up and makes a liar out of me. Just once- just one fucking time- I’d love to have to look at something, ANYTHING this gibbering asswipe has said and be able to think to myself- well, that’s not evil.

DAMN the professionalism of the etc etc etc…

12. Redhand says:

Honestly, I view this as a murderous tantrum. Turn against me, will ya? OK, I’ll kill your kids!

His family’s from Germany and now he acting out a Pied Piper of Hamelin fantasy. As the family tell-all book shows, he’s a psychopath.

• Dennis Cole says:

Red; I’ve noticed that – he’s resigned to the fact that he’s NOT gonna be voted back in for another term, so it has pissed him off mightily, and now he wants his revenge – on EVERYONE. He was willing to pander to his base a bit, and be somewhat solicitous, but now his numbers are down WAY down, his approval rating’s in the shitter, so……..since he’s not a quitter, but a hitter, who hits back 10 times harder, look forward to more of the worst he can offer.

And maybe so many Secret Service Agents will fall ill, that he’ll no longer have a sufficient contingent to be protected thoroughly.