(UPDATED) Chief Justice Roberts Has Head Injury

“I solemnly swear to uphold GOP policy.”

Chief Justice John Roberts done hurt hisself:

“The Chief Justice was treated at a local hospital on June 21 for an injury to his forehead sustained in a fall while walking for exercise near his home,” said Kathy Arberg, public information officer for the Supreme Court. The fall happened at the Chevy Chase Club, according to a source familiar with the matter.

“The injury required sutures, and out of an abundance of caution, he stayed in the hospital overnight and was discharged the next morning. His doctors ruled out a seizure. They believe the fall was likely due to light-headedness caused by dehydration.”

He was probably giddy at the prospect of making voting more difficult.

UPDATE 1: And taking away access to contraception, for Jeebus.

This entry was posted in John Roberts, snark, supreme court. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to (UPDATED) Chief Justice Roberts Has Head Injury

1. laura says:

The most recent in a series of noggin related accidents/injuries. I’m not a doctor (but I’ve played one at home- if you know what I mean), but a series of noggin related accidents/injuries suggests a serious underlying health condition.

• sos says:

At the very least he seems top heavy

Laura –

HAWT! You need a candystriper?

Anyway, I like the way that they are denying it was another seizure or reaction to his anti-seizure meds (which I’m sure he’s on), so it has gotta be SUMPIN’ ELSE!!1!

2. Dennis Cole says:

And baby, er, Chief makes 3. Rumors abound that both Alito and Thomas are approachable – and have been – when it comes to early retirement, so that Moscow Mitch can quite easily “load” 2 more Justices, and if the timing is right, that could have a very deleterious effect on the election.

As in, “Emperor-for-Life tRump”

3. Stony Pillow says:

We’re looking at potential Chief Justice Gorsuch here. Better hope the head of the Robbers’ Court makes it thru to January, folks. It could be a lot worse.

4. Infidel753 says:

All these guys act like they’ve been dropped on their heads a time or two at some point.

5. Richard Portman says:

I begin to feel like an idiot. I’m angry and unhappy. I was hoping to avoid ugly scenes. But it is already so ugly. I’m kinda traditional because family and friends. But sometimes i wonder if maybe we should…. I can’t do it anymore. I can’t be babysitting these enemies who want to see me suffer. Also, they are stupid.

[Tengrain was here! – Richard – we have a policy against elimination-ist language, and while we feel your pain and agree with you, we don’t say it here. Also, we have a sometimes reader, the IP address of which indicates said reader is in the Senate Cloakroom and we don’t want to go to have a knock on the door from the Secret Service and have any of the Scissorheads as co-conspirators.

So here is what we say around here: “I curse the professionalism and dedication of the Secret Service since January of 2017. Can they not have just one, bad, day.” — The Management]

• Richard Portman says:

Maybe if i said it in Spanish? Or one of my other language? We always say what we feel. Probably I’m confused about your policy regarding elimination-ist language. So i will tell you again. No confusion.
      We want to see that motherfucker dead. Once that happens, we want to throw his god damned children into jail. They will be lucky to survive this. Those other people who support this fool, we will not give them food.

Richard, we can live with “We want to see that motherfucker dead,”as you are not calling for someone to commit a specific act against a specific person.

You get your point across, and we don’t get a midnight knock on the door from the Secret Service.

6. Goddamnit people 1984 was supposed to be a WARNING not a damned MANUAL.

“Defending religious freedom” == “Forcing your religion on others”

• purpelehead says:

Here is an interpretation I read in a comment from a long-time defense attorney:

Important thing is the grounds for the decision: HHS had authority under language of ACA to issue the regulation to grant the exemption. Importantly, the Court did not rule that RFRA (1994 “religious freedom” act) requires that exemption. So under this decision Biden can repeal it by giving notice in the Federal Register. Which I have to assume is why Kagan and Breyer joined the majority.

• R White says:

Idiocracy was supposed to be a dark comedy, not a documentary about ‘murica…

7. osirisopto says:

Yeah, he slipped and hit his head.
    Has nothing to do with anything related to the MHSG’s taxes.

Nothing at all.

According to the late child rapist Mark Zukerberg, Justice Roberts fell on purpose. In fact, he fell forward harder than if pushed thus proving that he is an ANTIFA infiltrator. I saw it in a FB ad.

9. sos says:

Head injury? HEAD INJURY?!?1! I’ll show you head injury, look at Clarence Thomas.

• Richard Portman says:

What’s up with that guy? Clarence Thomas! He just sits there and goes with the flow. He’s a waste of his opportunities. He could be helping people. But no, he just sits there like the dog that nobody wants to pet.

SOS, do I have to look at Clarence Thomas? Really?

10. Richard Portman says:

Elimanation-ist ? Hah. Go talk to some people who survived this. I am not Armenian, but when my brother was dieing, the only person who stayed with him was an old lady from Armenia. My brother survived and is good human still to this day.

• MDavis says:

I have seen Tengrain call out a commenter for calling for all cats to be eliminated because he didn’t like their litter boxes, thought they were a threat to humankind or some such.
      Yeah, no eliminationist language. Thank you.
      PS – Not all cats are jerks Tengrain