The Conspiracy Caucus Arises!

It’s all bananas!

Tiger Beat’s morning email tells us that the GOP is embracing a conspiracy theory of Deep State cannibal-pedophiles operating out of a non-existent basement of a very real pizza parlor:

House GOP leaders are embracing their party’s controversial nominee in Colorado, Lauren Boebert, despite ties to the QAnon conspiracy theory, the Washington Post reports. Boebert pulled off a surprising upset against five-term Rep. Scott Tipton — despite a Trump endorsement.

Per WaPo, Boebert is the “ninth individual to win the Republican nomination for a seat in the House or Senate who is either a full supporter of the QAnon movement or has voiced support for some of its tenets.” (The FBI, by the way, has labeled QAnon as a potential domestic terrorist threat.) More from PK and Colby Itkowitz: https://wapo.st/2ArDsog.

Related: Lauren Boebert ran against AOC and the ‘squad,’ and beat Rep. Scott Tipton in the process,” by Roll Call’s Bridget Bowman. https://bit.ly/3eSZbnY.

So there’s at least some good news buried in this story: The good news is that Scott Tipton had  the invaluable endorsement from Prznint Stupid. This strongly says that Colorado is not in Lord Damp Nut’s grasp.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Colorado, Crazeee States. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Conspiracy Caucus Arises!

1. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I’m not sure if Boebert’s Q-curious stance helped her, I think her appeal is to horny gun nuts. She looks like Stupid Lara Croft.

• 🎶“Lauren, Lauren, Lauren of the Tomb Raid, Watch Out For That Wal! SPLAT🎵

(with deep apologies to Jay Ward and Bill Scott…)

• beckymaenot says:

Did you see that photo of her on NPR website? Really? She really does think of herself as the sexygungurl. Jesus, these fucking people are totally beyond redemption.

2. It is also a competitive district; and this increases the chances that the Democratic candidate will take the seat, unless the lunatic simply decides to shoot them during the debates.

But this is the logical conclusion of the modern “Brain worms are eating our brains” GOP.

At this rate the 2024 candidate is going to be Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

3. ming says:

Tipton is my rep – I have to say that I laughed my ass off that he got primaried from the right and lost to the crazy Q-Anon lady. Boebert’s Dem opponent in the general will be Diane Mitsch Bush who is a strong candidate. I think her chances of turning this house district blue just improved by a lot.

• beckymaenot says:

I hope so Ming- because if we keep losing to these whackadoos, I don’t think the country will be able to recover.

4. osirisopto says:

This strongly says that Colorado is not in Lord Damp Nut’s grasp.

It made me think that in order to win, the MHSG is going to have to stop playing in the kiddie pool and dive ever deeper into the whack-job alternate reality to retain the loyalty of his base. Then I read BBBB’s post.

I won’t argue with people who are smarter than I am, especially when they’re right. She’s got all the qualifications caribou barbie had and look what she did to the narrative.

• ming says:

This strongly says that rural western Colorado (i.e. oil and gas country) is not in Lord Damp Nut’s grasp. El Paso, Weld, and Douglas counties are definitely drinking the Kool-Aid, but most of the rest of the state is not. I’m feeling OK at the moment that I am going to get a new Democratic Senator (Chickenpooper – not my ideal choice, but probably the man for to kick Gardner to the curb) and House Rep (Mtisch Bush).

5. Art says:

I suspect that the last gambit for Trump, once it is clear he isn’t going to win by any conventional means, will be to embrace his role as hero/ genius/ master in the Q-anon story line. He, true to form, will fail to do his preparation and so the show of ordering the arrest of the villains on the left will be unsupported by warrants and credible charges and a lot of police will simply fail to play along.

Particularly when they figure out they are the heavies in a drum head trial and potentially a mass hanging. There are, of course, some who may want to go along, perhaps even a few who support the move but this is End days of the Third Reich stuff and way beyond Protect and Serve with an opportunity for casual violence and scratching your itch for beating up brown people. Even the bigots have limits.

Another alternative would be for Russia to jigger the vote so that Trump wins. But do it in such an obvious and ham handed way that the ‘official’ count has not even a shred of credibility or legitimacy. Trump will, of course, take the bait and crow his win. The right-wing militias and alt-right will dive in to protect the Trump presidency and we are off to the races.