Sorry, Screwie Louie

Axios Alert:

Texas governor mandates face masks in public spaces
Why it matters: It’s a reversal for the Republican governor that underscores the seriousness of the coronavirus outbreak in Texas.

Why it just seems like the other day Screwie Louie was declaring he wouldn’t wear a face mask unless he got the Trump-Virus hisself.

This entry was posted in Crazeee States, masks, Pandemics, Texas, America's Lab for Bad Policy. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Sorry, Screwie Louie

1. buckobear says:

Remember: the definition of “a Louie” …… a turd that will not flush.

Bucket – I have never heard that, and now my life is richer; they say knowledge is power and that if you can name it, you can fight it.

Not that I have ever had a Louie, mind you, so this is purely academic.

• Dennis Cole says:

TG – AKA a “bowlwinder,) IYKWIM. Also, see: The “Root Cause of tRump’s numerous Flushing Problems. (Flushing? I thought he was from a tonier part of the Bronx.)

• Flushing is in Queens. and he is from that part of Queens, iirc.

• Dennis Cole says:

BDR – I was waiting for someone to catch that, and you haven’t let me down yet.

• MDavis says:

“Louie, Louie” was a candidate to replace “Washington, My Home” as the state song. I remember some of the kerfuffle. It was in 1985. Pro reps pointed out that more people know the words to Louie, Louie than to Washington, plus you can dance to it, My Home while anti’s countered the song change proposal, wanting to keep the original state song, with one argument being that most people can’t even understand the words.
        Washington state modern history – this one is right up there with the tourism campaign “Say WA” and naming a set of nuclear plants “WOOPS”.

2. I wonder how long it’s going to be before Lt Gov Patrick denounces Gov Abbot as a know-nothing enemy of freedumb!!11!!ELEVENTY!!

3. Stony Pillow says:

The four coronavirus bills had a taxpayer cost of around $2.4 TRILLION. That’s more than the lowball estimate of direct military expenditures on the Afghanistan and Iraq wars since 2001 combined. Not to mention the incalculable cost of nearly all Americans putting their lives on hold for months, sacrificing for the common good.

This is the month we all accept that all that ammo, all that effort was completely wasted. Nothing but lockdowns work when community transmission is widespread. And now the goons who sabotaged us are saying masks aren’t so bad after all?

Enjoy the fruits of Republican governance, folks. The big enchilada starts in about 90 days. We won’t be ready. It’s going to be bad.

• Dennis Cole says:

S P – individually, we can do a lot, when it comes to protecting ourselves and our loved ones from contracting this illness, and BE ready in the next 90 – 120 days.

Collectively, however, we’re fucked, well and truly, with nary a kiss before or after.