Midday Palate Cleanser

The Sharknado reboot looks really promising.

This entry was posted in Birds Are Jerks, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. Dennis Cole says:

On today’s “Fishing With Eagles,” we show you the #1 technique for plucking tasty sharks from the shoreline.

2. donnah says:

Well, that’s Mother Nature just showing off. Pretty cool.

3. purplehead says:

That looks more like an osprey, not an eagle. The wings. The coloration. The way it grasps the…not-a-shark-but-something-else-maybe-a-kind-of-tuna-or-dolphin?…flying with his feet in a line and the fish head facing forward

• Whatever it is, that’s a small shark/tuna/dolphin or a roc-sized osprey…

• purplehead says:

hmmm, yeah, looking at the bill–that’s more eagle-like (robust) than osprey-like (gracile). I wonder where this occurred? Maybe it’s not an American eagle variety. Or maybe a juvenile bald eagle. Anyway, I don’t think bald eagles hold fish like that when flying. So, might need to consult with a bird-person, such as TG.

4. tengrain says:

It’s clearly is a Birdis jerkus ‘shark hunter’

(Seriously, it looks like an eagle to me, too. And yes, eagles are jerks. We see them on Capitol Hill Seattle flying off with pets. No love lost for these jerks.)

• MDavis says:

Don’t let your small pets run around loose. It’s coyotes and eagles around here. The magpies are more into dive bombing the ferals and making off with their food.

5. Infidel753 says:

I wondered if it was a dolphin too. The tail looks horizontal (sharks are fish and have vertical tails). Hard to tell for sure.

6. sos says:

It better hope it’s a holy mackerel, because it just met its holy spirit,

7. Dennis Cole says:

On my 16th look, I’m now convinced it’s a “Turkey Vulture,” considering the smallness of its head and scrawny neck. And it has grasped this fish on its side; if you pause it, you can clearly see it’s a shark, and if it IS a Vulture, then it’s a dead shark, most likely, since I also noticed no struggling.

Eagles sometimes die if they they sink their talons into a fish to big for them to carry aloft, but are too stubborn to let go of until it’s too late.

8. Sirius Lunacy says:

It is definitely an osprey. And I’m pretty sure it is a small shark. Definitely alive.

9. Karla says:

I had read earlier that it was a Stellar’s Sea Eagle — the largest eagle there is.
    I think this looks very similar.

10. julesmomcat says: