Meanwhile, In Jacksonville

Hat tip: Scissorhead Dennis Cole

Jacksonville, FL, announced that all residents and visitors must wear masks indoors and in public spaces, ahead of the RNC convention there in August.

oops!

That should go over well with notable foe of masks Lord Damp Nut, who moved the convention to Florida to avoid public-health restrictions. You know, like when his campaign super-geniuses behind his Tulsa FAIL  made the arena remove thousands of social-distancing stickers before his rally before [checks notes] only 6,000 out of 1,000,000 expected attendees showed up.

I wonder what kind of pressure Lord Damp Nut will put on his stooge, er, Gov. Ron DeSantis to override Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Distancing, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, masks, Pandemics. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Meanwhile, In Jacksonville

1. Redhand says:

like when his campaign super-geniuses behind his Tulsa FAIL made the arena remove thousands of social-distancing stickers before his rally

I am surprised there hasn’t been more criticism of this. Too many other scandals?

• Chris Hayes has been en fuego for the last week on his show about this stuff, but there’s been such an avalanche of shit rolling out it’s hard to focus on any single turd.

• beckymaenot says:

Yes- nobody can keep up. Is there a website where they keep a running list of all of the scandals and crimes committed by the administration? I know there is one tracking the lies- but – damn- I am worn out trying to keep up with the grift, cons, gross negligence and outright criminality of Dolt45.

Becky –

You are not alone. When the 4th Reich started, I naively thought I could have a tag for each scandal. Even WordPress has some limits.

• ali redford says:

I know a place; it’s called Trump News Today/WTF Just Happened Today? I can’t recall where I ran across it. I want so badly to link it, but it has the full f-word in the link. So, it’s all lowercase; wtfjusthappenedtoday.com , but the w, t, and f words are the full words. It’s a pretty awesome site; I don’t know how the guy is still alive, honestly.

Redhand –

I hope at some point that we get to see what replacing those stickers cost.

Which reminds me: we need to look at the infection rate in OK, and specifically at Tulsa this week.

• spotthedog says:

That reminds me; has everybody forgotten about poor Brad Parscale? He was so imminently fire-able after Tulsa and yet – nothing, sure sign its all more than Tdump can keep up with, or else he has decided to keep him as his whipping boy.

• trump never fires anyone personally anymore, and Parscale has done the One Ring thing (“..and in the darkness bind them…”)…too many trumps are in on the grift: Eric’s wife, for example, is getting a $48k/month skim ‘salary’ from the campaign, as is Juniors new squeeze. Lots of favored ex-WH staff are there, too, and I’m sure they’re all getting substantial $$$ for not a lot of work.

I’m also gonna wager that Brad has LDN by the tiny shriveled balls, because he’s got the real goods from 2016. Remember, he was “Digital Director” and dealt directly with Cambridge Analytics, and, I’m guessing the Russians, too. (“How was I to knooow they we with the Russians too!”)

He’s not going down without burning the whole place down, at least if he’s a competent caporegime, he has a safely stashed insurance policy.

• sos says:

I’ve wondered how LDN puts up with Parscale’s “hair”*. I think you have spotted the dog, err, belled the cat.
        * Facial scare quotes

Someone is currently holding FL’s beer right now. There may not be a FL in November.

3. laura says:

Hey everybody – you’re not going to believe, but Randy Paul self-certified doctor my eyes is grandstanding with his whole ass hanging out shit-mouthing Dr. Fauci.
    I’ve a notion to start a go fund me to pay his neighbor to lay a righteous beat down on him again.

• MDavis says:

Oh, thanks a lot. Now I’ll have Jackson Browne stuck in my head all day.
      At least it’s better than that time I had Jabberwocky stuck in my head for three days. (Neil Gaiman offered a reading of the contest winner’s choice as a prize. He flubbed a line…)