Great Signs, Cont.

Compare and Contrast

I’m told it is New Jersey, and when we compare & contrast it with the NYC bodega sign from earlier in the year, we can note subtle differences:

Never change, NY.

Slightly wordier, slightly better manners. Discuss in the comments.

(Hat tip: Scissorhead @NamelessCynic of the Tweeterverse)

This entry was posted in Great Signs. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Great Signs, Cont.

1. Redhand says:

I’m told it is New Jersey,

Since I live in “The Garden State,” I’m “dying” to know where dis is.”

2. Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

Hm. As a genu-wine NJ resident of long standing, I’d say it’s definitely derivative of the NYC one (assuming it’s younger), but spruced up for a slightly pickier clientele. And I’d bet a few quatloos I can guess which county. Hudson.
    Alternative possibilities are Essex or Bergen, somewhere pretty near the Hudson River.

3. Bruce388 says:

As a former resident of the Garden State, I was curious. “MOGO” on the door shows up as a place for Korean fusion tacos in Asbury Park.

4. YellowDog says:

If it’s plagiarism, I’m OK with that. I don’t want anyone’s titty or sock money, ever.

5. MDavis says:

Plagiarism or the Commons, it’s almost the same. They did take the time to do it in chalk up in New Jersey, but then they’ve had more time since the NY bodega one.
    If I was the bodega that came up with it, I might want the credit, but what are the odds they stole or borrowed it from someone else? All around, it’s probably better for the bodega to just let it be public use. I mean, they could claim credit, but that won’t sell more Corona Light.

6. spotthedog says:

Looks like the Jersey establishment has a slightly higher motherfucker capacity, 6 vs 5.

“No sock money, no titty money, heh – howzabout dis roll of quarters I got in my pants pocket!”

7. beckymaenot says:

OMG- MPS has the BEST people making comments. I love every one of you effing guys. You restore my soul. You make me proud to be a regular reader of this here blog thingy. Thanks for reminding me that I am not alone. At least I know that if we really are effed in the dark, we are in it together. I’m stranded in red af georgduh and take comfort in knowing you all are out there- some where- cracking wise and voting blue.