(UPDATED) A Profound Betrayal

Cadet Bone Spurs

Friday, we touched on the potential treason that Lord Damp Nut has committed to benefit his paymasters in the Kremlin. The fallout continues.

The White House, of course, is denying that Trump knew anything about it:

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said in a statement Saturday that the President and Vice President Mike Pence were not briefed “on the alleged Russian bounty intelligence.” McEnany said her statement “does not speak to the merit of the alleged intelligence but to the inaccuracy of the New York Times story,” which said Trump had been briefed.

The acting Director of National Intelligence (at the time this incident occurred) issued the most nonsensical non-denial:

This West Point Commencement campaign event happened AFTER he should have known about this Russian treachery:

Bear in mind that after he knew about the Russian treachery, he still invited Putin to attend the G7 as his personal guest.

So something is profoundly wrong. Susan Rice:

So I keep coming back to this:

1. It was in the PDB or briefed to him that he didn’t bother to read (haha, Trump “read”) or listen.
  2. He knew and didn’t care because he wants to have a “good relationship” with a murderous autocrat.
  3. The NSC/CIA deliberately kept it from him because the Intelligence Community though Trump would tip off Putin, again, like he did when he invited the Russian Ambassador into the oval office and revealed Israeli agents.

But the thing that really strikes me is that since this became public, instead of immediately acting on it, Lord Damp Nut played golf all weekend. He still has not acted on it, except to punch back at people talking about it.

It’s a profound betrayal.

UPDATE 1: This 5-tweet thread  (you need to click and go to Twitter to read)-

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, Pooty-Poot Putin. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to (UPDATED) A Profound Betrayal

1. Redhand says:

I don’t see any reasonable conclusion other than this one. Like Susan Rice, I find it impossible to believe he wasn’t told.
    This story is not going away, and I think the legal jeopardy that it places on him after he loses (Please, God!!) is far more serious than anything else he has faced.
    I haven’t the slight doubt that this is “treason by omission,” regardless whether of not it meets the definition in the Constitution.
    This cockroach has to be utterly crushed when he’s out of office. I’d really like to see him suffer capital punishment if such a penalty is possible under the law.

2. I served in the USAF under Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon. Johnson was the more honorable of the two; but Nixon was a Navy veteran, and in spite of being a corrupt asshole, was no traitor. I did my time, got a SEA returnee early-out from active duty, and upon completion of my inactive reserve duty, got an Honorable Discharge. Now it’s getting to fifty years later, and I have doubts anything I did in uniform was worth it. I went back to college using the Vietnam G.I. Bill, and the VA covers my healthcare needs for free, so there’s that.

3. JDM says:

The way to check is through the wording of the denials. Specifically that “they weren’t told” which could well be technically true, because it was in the (now extremely short) briefings which they are expected to read. So you have a deliberately constructed lie that is technically true. This is a classic liar’s technique.

4. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Comrade Bone Spurs

5. spotthedog says:

“Putin’s puppet”, said the email lady in 2016.

6. w3ski4me says:

OK, some say, he says, and here we go around the mulberry bush of denial and obfuscation, again.
    The problem I see is it is still going on and No Body is doing anything.
    WTF? Where is the outrage, where is the we support our troop’s crowd? How can all those militant rethugs sit quietly for this abandonment of our troops?
    Heads need to roll over this, and mostly I hear is crickets.
    Somebody, please get our Country back.
    I kinda figured that this would cause a much bigger reaction.
    w3ski

• Redhand says:

I kinda figured that this would cause a much bigger reaction.

You may be right, but I don’t think the shit has really hit the fan yet. Their “defense” is a leaky bag of it. I am sure there are many witnesses in the National Security establishment who will directly contradict him.

And, even if it were true, it shows how utterly neglectful he is, at an absolute minimum. Why is he sitting on his fat ass at one of his “golf resorts” not that the news is out? Why isn’t he having a meeting right now to pin the blame on someone for the inevitable defense fallback, “Why wasn’t I informed?!”

Either way, he looks like what he is: Shit.

• osirisopto says:

They only support the right “troops”.

In 2004 I was on a RWNJ political forum and was excoriated for my USN service because it wasn’t good enough for the keyboard commmandos.

Hypocrisy is a requirement to be on the right side of the culture these days.

• MDavis says:

Can we call that the right wing of culture? Or maybe, right flank?
        I think I’ll go subscribe to PRESS RUN now. I’m long overdue.

7. Infidel753 says:

What evidence is there that the original claim is true — that is, what evidence is there that the Russians were, in fact, offering bounties for killing Americans? Is it just what some officials told the NYT? Or do we have some further basis for believing the Russians were actually doing that?

This does sound terrible, but I’d hate to see everybody run with it and then have the story turn out to be false.

• MDavis says:

Good point. On the other hand, isn’t the Lincoln Project team a bunch of experienced rat-f’ers? One would hope they would spot the turd before they stomp it. One would hope.

• Dennis Cole says:

Infidel – that’s what I keep saying: where’s the validation? I suspect there’s more than a grain of truth (swidt?) in the story, but not much else, judging just by the body count of our Forces, the ones who died during “engagement with enemy combatants” last year. Caitlin Johnstone’s written a couple of excellent essays on this topic, and I like her because she’s an Aussie, and has no dog in this fight.
      And were you aware that last year’s “Peace Talks” had an auto-shutoff feature, one that halted the Talks if either side violated the “Cease-fire agreement?” They were supposed to not resume for 30 days, to give everyone a chance to “cool-off,” but since that happened like 20 or so times, then I’m thinking that in our Military Calendar, 30 days is more like a week , compared to our lowly civilian calendars.

And Redhand is correct, calling it “Treason by omission,” since the very definition calls for any act performed by a Prez that aids any foreign country in any war-like act against our own.
      <treason
      Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
      Related to treason: high treason
      Treason
      The betrayal of one’s own country by waging war against it or by consciously or purposely acting to aid its enemies.

Related to treason: high treason
      Treason
      Although, if you think about it, inaction is still an action, much like choosing not to choose is still making a choice.

• MDavis says:

I seem to remember that, legally speaking, inaction is considered a course of action. Example – why would depraved indifference by prosecutable if inaction in spite of someone else’s desperate need be a thing?

That’s a valid concern. David Frum asks the same thing, but then answers himself

Ana Cabrera tells us european intelligence confirms it:

• Dennis Cole says:

Oh, you can count me among the concerned, but also color me dismally dismayed by the lack of finer details. There are just way too many lying Liars, though I take large hints from whence they issue, i.e., the Left or Right. And that phone call may explain trump’s order to withdraw so many troops from Germany, and to delay final deployment of the anti-missile systems we “loaned” to NATO, just recently. Or “renting” to them. They were making Pooty a tad bit nervous, considering his plans for further expansion. Which would almost certainly require tRump’s help, were he to remain at the helm; total inaction by US would result in his acquisition of Ukraine, and perhaps Poland…

But Putin’s got time, and plenty of it. He’ll be Supreme leader for another 20 years, and even if his useful fool is no longer a useful tool come 2021, he can just sit back and wait, and rattle a sword at Biden on occasion, if only to stay in the News Cycle.

Because he was able to install a Prez of his choosing that first time, and nothing will stop them damn Rooskies from persisting; they’re counting on doing it again. And looking at how we got here, it wouldn’t be all that difficult end up to return, given that crafty fucker’s ways and knowledge.

• Infidel753 says:

Thanks. If there’s independent corroboration, that’s more convincing. The more extreme a story is, the more evidence I like to see before assuming it’s true.

8. artahzen says:

The fact that no one doubts that he knew speaks volumes. The fact that he denies knowing and no one believes that ups the amperage of that volume. He literally screams “I lie all the time and this is another of them” whenever he opens his mouth.

• MDavis says:

Hah – lies and distractions.
      The previous post may be an example of trying to downplay this news with an incendiary tweet. At the same time, he reminds his cult why they support him and rallies them to his defence.

9. Dennis Cole says:

And I kinda remember a lede, a “small headline” from this time last year, that kinda went “Afghani Peace Talks to Resume Next Week, after a 30-day cooling-off period following last week’s attack on the US compound by the Taliban.”

10. osirisopto says:

Well I’ve got to admit Trump had two choices to fein ignorance, or declare he was just following orders.

11. spotthedog says:

Washington Post now reporting;
    “Russian bounties offered to Taliban-linked militants to kill coalition forces in Afghanistan are believed to have resulted in the deaths of several U.S. service members, according to intelligence gleaned from U.S. military interrogations of captured militants in recent months.”

12. Pingback: What Did Comrade Trump Know, And When Did He Know It | Mock Paper Scissors

13. Pingback: A Profound Betrayal – FairAndUNbalanced.com